Thomas Esser writes:

> On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 11:37:22AM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>>     dvips: ! Couldn't find header file music-drawing-routines.ps
>
> dvips uses the 'PostScript header' path for it (TEXPSHEADERS variable,
> kpse_tex_ps_header_format from the "C" API of the kpathsea library).

Is this a new feature, or has the layout/location of the PostScript
header path changed?

> To simulate that with kpsewhich, use
>   kpsewhich --format='PostScript header' music-drawing-routines.ps

To avoid the endless support problems we had with [setting] the
various *TEX/MF* environment variables, we have laid out the typical
lilypond installation like a standard TEXMF tree, and only set TEXMF.

This has proven to be a much more robust solution.

The LilyPond installation is laid out thus:

    $ l /usr/share/lilypond/2.2.6/
    dvips/  fonts/  ly/     make/   ps/     python/ scm/    tex/    vim/

with

    $ ls /usr/share/lilypond/2.2.6/ps/
    lilyponddefs.ps  music-drawing-routines.ps

How do we get this to work with tetex-2.0 and tetex-3.0 without
resorting to environment variable trickery?

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter