On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 06:29:19PM +0100, Svend Tollak Munkejord wrote:
> But what is the "correct way" of changing hyphenation patterns?

I thought that most people won't need to do this, because so many
languages are now enabled by default.

> INSTALL (and TETEXDOC.dvi) says that I can use texconfig for this, but
> I didn't find out how to do it using the new version. Instead, I

I did not implement this in the new texconfig.

> copied texmf-dist/tex/generic/config/language.dat to
> texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat, edited it, and ran
> fmtutil --all

Maybe running texhash before fmtutil --all might be necessary to ensure
that the new file gets actually used. Otherwise, your approach is
perfectly fine.

Your request for this feature is now the second that I receive. Maybe,
I should put that feature in again!? Opinions?

Thomas