> On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 05:21:14PM +0100, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> > one data point: aiui, makeindex has been declared "frozen".  i have no
> > idea what the status of the declaration is...  (or indeed, what it
> > covers.)  there's no lincence information registered on ctan.
>
> How about texk/makeindexk/COPYING?

that's not what i meant: the catalogue lists it as "unknown" licence.

however, now you've pointed it out to me, i'll get the catalogue put
right.  (you have to run real fast to stand still on ctan, and no-one
ever wants to contribute except to point out where you're going wrong
:-( )

i'm sure there has been a statement that makeindex was frozen, but
perhaps that was just the one thread of work on its i18n, which was
given up in favour of xindy.

robin