> I'm a Thai LaTeX user, and a contributor to thailatex development at
> Thai Linux Working Group. Now I've hacked MakeIndex for Thai support,
> and would like the feature to be available in upstream source.

I think that makeindex is no longer being actively maintained, so I
try the best with the version I distribute with teTeX.

I just have accepted your patch, but I have also added a few preprocessor
defines to make sure that makeindex still works on systems without
locale.h or setlocale() call. In addition, I have added the new options
to the manpage and usage message.

Thanks for the patch,

Thomas