On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>     > The "nice" menu display is done using the "dialog" utility, so
>     > you should check that dialog is installed and works with your
>
> teTeX provides its own dialog, called tcdialog, which uses its own
> termcap library.  Can you invoke tcdialog from the commandline?

This seems to be system dependent.  From TeXlive's texconfig:

# Some systems have their own dialog. Use it then and do not use
# faked TERM and TERMINFO variables when calling that dialog.

"Some systems" appears to be defined as BSD and linux.  My SGI does
indeed use tcdialog.

--
George White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia