1. pdftex.mk fails to use $(MAKE)

texk/web2c/pdftexdir/pdftek.mk has "make" hardwired, so
compilation fails on systems that need, e.g., "gmake":

$ gmake world
[...]
cd pdftexdir && make pdftosrc.o
Usage: make [...]

It looks like pdftex.mk has been this way for a while, but I don't think
the beta releases tried to build pdftosrc.

2.  make distclean fails to remove config.cache

When making for two different architectures, using "make distclean"
between builds, 'libs/config.cache' and 'libs/xpdf/config.cache' did
not get removed.

So far I have success using gcc 3.0.4 on Irix 6.5.  I tried the SGI
compilers with the 20030112 beta, but need more time to find the
right configure invocation to get the compiler flags set properly
for my environment.

--
George White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia