> Fundamentalism is a Bad Thing. About politics, religion, licensing or
> anything. And the fact is that teTeX 2.0 have lost usefulness because
> of such fundamentalism.

I will check if the license of the listings package is ok for free
software and put the package back if this turn out to be true.

I don't agree with your opinion on licensing. Being free software is a
great plus for teTeX. All those nonfree packages are still available to
TeX users, they are just not part of teTeX. On the other hand, teTeX is
now free and can be included as part of a book-cdrom, linux distributions,
other free software packages etc.

To Robin: no I don't think that multicol.sty is nonfree. I remember that
there was a lengthy discussion about that with the outcome of the current
license. Is there any reason to recheck the license of multicol.sty? Shall
we really restart it all?

Thomas