Alexander V. Voinov wrote
> Don Simons wrote:
> > I still haven't had any volunteers to make up-to-date
> > unix/linux versions. I
> > won't be picky about which version (2.4 vs 2.402) but it should
> > include the
> > docs, example files, and pmx.tex.  I did fix the EOL character in
> > pmx240.for.
>
> What do you mean to volunteer? I always recompiled your .for on Unix
> and
> put .tex somewhere. If you mean rpm, this applies only to Linux,
> although some geeks use it on othere systems as well.

Well, I'm not a regular unix or linux user.  I do have linux available and
use it once in a while.  The few times I've used them, installing with rpm's
seem to be slightly easier than running a FORTRAN compiler.  As for making
tar.gz's, I guess some people like to have a makefile, although I'm not sure
what the advantages are. (I know the two are necessarily linked, but they
are both part of linux-speak).  Bottom line is, I use Windows.  If no one
who uses unix or linux feels any requirement to have rpm's or tar.gz's, then
let's just drop it.

--Don Simons