On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 10:22:47PM -0700, Don Simons
wrote:

> Alexander V. Voinov wrote
>
> > Don Simons wrote:
> >
> > > I still haven't had any volunteers to make
> > > up-to-date unix/linux versions. I won't be picky
> > > about which version (2.4 vs 2.402) but it should
> > > include the docs, example files, and pmx.tex.  I did
> > > fix the EOL character in pmx240.for.
> >
> > What do you mean to volunteer? I always recompiled
> > your .for on Unix and put .tex somewhere. If you mean
> > rpm, this applies only to Linux, although some geeks
> > use it on othere systems as well.
>
> Well, I'm not a regular unix or linux user.  I do have
> linux available and use it once in a while.  The few
> times I've used them, installing with rpm's seem to be
> slightly easier than running a FORTRAN compiler.  As
> for making tar.gz's, I guess some people like to have
> a makefile, although I'm not sure what the advantages
> are. (I know the two are necessarily linked, but they
> are both part of linux-speak).  Bottom line is, I use
> Windows.  If no one who uses unix or linux feels any
> requirement to have rpm's or tar.gz's, then let's just
> drop it.
>
> --Don Simons

I maintain the doc section (which includes TeX and
friends), for a Linux distro, it make my job easier if
there is a tar.gz available of a package, so if no one
else is willing I'll have a go at making a tarball of PMX

Cheers

Joel
--
Sourcemage GNU/Linux                         /~\  ASCII Ribbon campaign
Linux so advanced it may as well be magic    \_/ stop HTML mail and news