I've just posted a new beta version 2.407 of PMX with a new scor2prt at
http://icking-music-archive.sunsite.dk/software/pmx/pmx2407.zip

There is only one change. If you use scor2prt you can now override the
default filenames assigned to the parts, by using the command
AN[n]"[basename for used-defined-part-file]" in the PMX file for the score.

A separate command is needed for each instrument whose part-file-name you
want to change.
Each command must be on a separate line and start in the first column.
They must all come before any notes.
n must range from 1 to 12.
The quotes are required around the new basename for the part-file.
I strongly suggest the new basenames be 8 characters or less and not have
any spaces.
You can change as many or as few names as you want.
The new command affects nothing in any of the TeX files produced, just the
names of the
  files for the parts.

--Don Simons