Dear all:

I work on improving older typesets. Because the
Kneifl-type (pmx: Ap) ties look much better and cause less interference
with notes or beams, I chose them. However, they have a setback;
If the notes to be tied are close, the tie gets reduced
to an almost invisible little hook. If a line break separates
the tie, the end of the tie is also nearly invisible. Of course,
there is a remedy: simply convert those ties to slurs which come
out too short. This turned out in some cases to be
a lot of repair and I wonder whether it is possible to
introduce a lower bound into the tie length-calculating algorithm.

Christof