I've extracted and posted the section about clefs from the revised musixdoc
that Andre and I have been working on:
http://icking-music-archive.org/software/musixtex/mxdocclefs.pdf
The very first example seems to answer your question (text at bottom of
p.52, printed example at top of p.53). I'm curious why you didn't come
across \setclef...\changeclefs from the current manual, and also why
Jean-Pierre didn't recommend this approach. Maybe I'm missing something
here.

--Don Simons