> I have pushed to
>    https://github.com/dlaurie/M-Tx
> a version that exploits the improved multibar rests in MusiXTeX
> and PMX, resulting in a net code saving of about 45 lines. Thanks
> Bob and Don!
>
> If you already have a cloned repository, 'git pull` is all you need.
>
> This is not yet a release, only a release candidate. Reports of
> testing welcome.
>
> One issue of which I am aware is that in purely instrumental pieces
> the last line may be overfull. The workaround is to comment out
> \input musixlyr from the TeX file after the PMX step.

That was a problem in musixtex.tex which has been corrected now
and uploaded to WIMA (thanks, Bob!)

I have corrected on the repository two further bugs:
1. Some of those 45 lines should have been kept (the ones that
keep M-Tx aware of what the PMX bar number is).
2. If the last line of a file has no end-of-line character, its line number
was 0. This bug went unnoticed for 11 years. It does not affect the
TeX file that PMX makes, but shows up in two cases:
   1. When the last paragraph has only one line, the comment in the
PMX file is wrong.
   2, If the last line has an error, the error message is wrong.