On 2017-12-16 22:17, Dirk Laurie wrote:

I’d like to point out that the notes in the F-tuplet I discussed
earlier could be typeset without using the F-option at all, but
with a horizontal shift instead. Then if you wanted to raise the
rest you could use the standard command.

This is conceptually simpler than the F-tuplet. I prefer it.

If you had posted this earlier, I probably would not have bothered to
alllow F in M-Tx. As it stands, I have not seen my way open to documenting precisely what happens. The GitHub version of the M-Tx
manual only says: "Consult the PMX documentation for the difference
between `D` and `F` (or experiment and see for yourself)."

I for my part highly appreciate the M-Tx support for F tuplets. It
simplifies the engraving of the 18th century way of notating dotted note
groups as 2+1 tuplets. It had been really cumbersome to tweak hundreds
of such cases in my adaption of Werner Icking's edition of 'Die Kunst
der Fuge', now available on IMSLP

http://imslp.org/wiki/Die_Kunst_der_Fuge,_BWV_1080_(Bach,_Johann_Sebastian)#504803

Greetings
--