Whenever a PMX/TeX issue crops up on the list, it seldom seems to be
an M-Tx issue too :-) because M-Tx has its own mtx.tex file for inline
TeX. There is nothing mystical and "M-Tx only" about mtx.tex. It's
just a collection of macros useful when one is coding in PMX. Some of
them I borrowed from André van Ryckeghem. You could \input{mtx}
manually and use its TeX macros inline in your PMX source.

M-Tx offers

Space:  2 3 4 6

for extra space beteen systems and after the last staff in a system.
PMX still is responsible for distributing the remaining unused
vertical space, which it used to do (I have not recently checked) by
delegating the task to TeX itself by means of \eject.

For that last 6, M-Tx generates

\\mtxStaffBottom{6}\

if the Space: command is in the preamble and

\\\mtxStaffBottom{6}\

if it is in a later paragraph.