A related product is Tecnu <http://www.teclabsinc.com/products/poison-oak-ivy/tecnu>, also commonly available at pharmacies. These products wash away the oily residue that causes the rash . They work best when used as soon as possible after exposure, but can help even the next day or two. Calamine (pink stuff), on the other hand, is simply a topical anesthetic and antiseptic. It reduces itching, but doesn't really cure the problem (treats the symptoms, not the disease). (I'm also not affected by poison ivy, but my partner Yvonne is extremely sensitive.)

Mark