texascavers Digest 9 Feb 2013 00:15:22 -0000 Issue 1704

Topics (messages 21289 through 21293):

Re: RFID chips
        21289 by: Louise Power
        21290 by: Stefan Creaser
        21291 by: dirtdoc.comcast.net
        21292 by: Louise Power
        21293 by: Stefan Creaser

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
Well, Bill, not everybody is as smart as you are and sometimes when somebody
tries to do you a favor, the courteous thing to do is just to say thank you.
It's not necessary to be snarky just because you know everything.

> From: stefan.crea...@arm.com
> To: bmixon...@austin.rr.com; texascavers@texascavers.com
> Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 12:03:11 -0800
> Subject: RE: [Texascavers] RFID chips
>
> Here you are, Bill:
>
> http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-blockkill-RFID-chips/step4/How-to-kill-your-RFID-chip/

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
But Bill is just doing his bit to disperse the FUD (fear, uncertainty and
doubt) that "they" use to control the masses!

Now if you *want* to be controlled, or know that Bill writes these posts and
you don't care, then go ahead and ignore the posts.

Almost everything technology related bears some risk - some systems are so
complicated that one can't test all possible scenarios, or if one made it
totally fool proof then almost no one could use it (grin). Calculated risk is
the way forward... if someone comes up to you in an airport and places
something that could be a card reader close to where your wallet/purse could be
then I suggest you apprehend them and take them to the nearest cop.

:-)

Cheers,
Stefan

Well, Bill, not everybody is as smart as you are and sometimes when somebody
tries to do you a favor, the courteous thing to do is just to say thank you.
It's not necessary to be snarky just because you know everything.
> From: stefan.crea...@arm.com<mailto:stefan.crea...@arm.com>
> To: bmixon...@austin.rr.com<mailto:bmixon...@austin.rr.com>;
> texascavers@texascavers.com<mailto:texascavers@texascavers.com>
> Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 12:03:11 -0800
> Subject: RE: [Texascavers] RFID chips
>
> Here you are, Bill:
>
> http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-blockkill-RFID-chips/step4/How-to-kill-your-RFID-chip/

medium. Thank you.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

I personally opt for the f ull-head and ear All -you-Min -E-mun foil wrap .  It
attracts good  women, too.

Another example explaining  why a number of Good  F olks have abandonded this
forum.  And a few other of us consider doing so  on a regular basis.

The Doctor Of Dirt

Whoo-hee-WhOOO-HE-whoop!!!

whoopeee

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I know all this, but there are just times when I get tired of people being so
uncivil. What does it cost to say "Thanks for the info" or just ignoring it
altogether instead of responding with six or eight paragraphs of such "let me
tell you how much more I know than you" rhetoric (you idiot--implied if not
said right out).

stefan.crea...@arm.com

sa...@amcs-pubs.org

texascavers-unsubscr...@texascavers.com

> For additional commands, e-mail:
texascavers-h...@texascavers.com

> -- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
> contents to any other person, use it for any
 purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.

texascavers-unsubscr...@texascavers.com

> For additional commands, e-mail:
texascavers-h...@texascavers.com

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents
 to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information
in any medium. Thank you.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Since it's Friday afternoon...

Bill *was* being helpful and saying "don't panic", and had justification for it.

FWIW, I actually know people who had their card cloned by an errant waiter, but
I have never heard of anyone being got in the same way as the video.

Cheers,
Stefan