I have to get a new water heater for my recently purchased home. I'd like to
know if anyone has experience with the on-demand, no-tank water heaters. If so,
did you like it, not like it, think it was better than or not as good as a
traditional water heater. Also, gas or electric? Since I have a gas furnace and
electric everything else, I have a choice. In the next year or so, I'm going to
have my kitchen replumbed for a gas stove and then have that extended into the
living room for gas logs. So, as I said, I have options.
I know that the purchase price is more expensive than for a traditional water
heater, but will it save me enough $$$ in the long run to warrant the expense?
I plan for this to be my last move, so am willing to invest a little to improve
the house. Avista (the local gas co) will give me a substantial rebate on one
of the on-demand water heaters. I'm asking you guys because of the variety of
preferences and experiences. Anything you can tell me will be appreciated.