This might be the part you're looking for on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-350D-Rebel-XT-LCD-W-Back-light-Buttons-Digital-Camera-Repair-Part-/320899055921?pt=Digital_Camera_Accessories&hash=item4ab7130131#ht_500wt_1180

The latest Rebel in the family is the 4ti.  You might want to look for
a bargain on the 2ti (which I think is going away) or the 3ti (which is
hanging around for a while).

These newer Rebels are 18MP, which you might find is decent step up.

George