All this talk of being sick is making me sick.

Time for coffee and cookies.

-Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: Geary Schindel [mailto:gschin...@edwardsaquifer.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:38 AM
To: 'Mixon Bill'; Cavers Texas
Subject: RE: [Texascavers] fumes

Bill is correct, I've worked a number of sick building syndrome issues where we
never found the substance.  A number of people got sick.  Was it because the
first person had a stomach bug and tossed their cookies on the floor of the
classroom.  Someone else tosses their cookies because they can't stand the
small of tossed cookies, and someone says they smell fumes (tossed cookies) and
then the building is evacuated.

About $100,000 later, an investigation finds nothing conclusive. Is it because
they didn't or couldn't test for the 10s of thousands of chemicals in use in
society and was a real hazard.  Since the building was ventilated, the evidence
may be gone.  Or was it food poisoning or someone eating too many cookies, was
the person pregnant and had morning sickness but didn't want anyone to know so
they made up the story, or was it physiological.  No one will ever know.