I am going to try this one. Similar ingredients but bars are easier than
cookies.

 Coconut Bars

1/2 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups coconut

Directions:

Melt butter in pan, remove from heat and add brown sugar, stir until dissolved
cool slightly.

add eggs and vanilla.

Beat well.

stir in flour and baking powder.