There is a cave article in today's Austin American-Statesman newspaper, Section B, pp 1 and 4, with a photo. The print title is "Caves envisioned as learning labs": Two sites would be added to existing one for school programs". The caves are in southwest Austin but names and location are not revealed. Jessica Wilson, education manager for the Watershed Protection Department was interviewed. Nico Hauwert of the WPD has hired a number of local cavers for several years to dig out caves as recharge features. I just called Don Broussard; he and Heather Tucek are digging in a cave as I write this.

This link does not provide the entire story. If you know a better link, please send to the list.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/austin-officials-want-to-turn-caves-into-learning-/nj7g8/

Or many of you actually can buy a printed copy, but of course that has the downside of being on paper. (ha)

Logan McNatt
lmcn...@austin.rr.com