In the article at this link:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39989992

It says this:

"Mountaineers said the Hillary Step may have fallen victim to Nepal's
devastating 2015 earthquake."

Forty years ago, in 1977, there were three expeditions to Huautla caves (they
were given the name Sistema Huautla in 1980). Between the second and third
expeditions in 1977 there was a major earthquake in the area. There was still
building rubble on the streets in towns. We watched closely for anything
changed in the cave we were working, La Grieta. We only saw fresh rockfall on
the floor in one place, a dome 500 m deep in the cave that had a breakdown
ceiling.

Last month cavers were in that part of Sistema Huautla for the first time since
1977. There are plans for the dome with the unstable ceiling to be climbed next
year.

Cavingly,

Bill Steele
cwilliamste...@gmail.com