I also do not know the identity of the hidden caver in the orange helmet, but
my guess would be Tom Shope. For the record, proper spellings are Bockelman and
Thiesse. I have no idea who took the photo, but might be able to find out if I
dig a bit.

As to Nancy's red box, that's the once-ubiquitous Koehler Wheat Lamp battery
(lead-acid). Now we use lithium-ion Sten batteries the size of a match box. I
don't miss those days at all! :-)

Mark