There are 3 or 4 cavers on this forum who have actually gone caving in
Caverns of Sonora - especially if you call "hauling out rocks," as caving.

I once was shown a rare picture of some unusual speleothem off-trail in
Sonora.  There were similar, but different pictures in the books about
Texas caves and the Texas Caver.

My very fuzzy memory was the speleothem resembled a large onion ring or a
horseshoe or both, but I may have it confused with the other off-trail
photos, since I haven't seen it in 30 years.  The speleothem and passage
area both had a special name.

I had an opportunity once around 1986 to go off-trail in NBC, and blew it
off, thinking I would get another chance someday.  Some of you might have
been on that trip.  I assume that part of that trip is now what the Wild
Tour visits.

I do sincerely apologize for contributing to cavers leaving CaveTex, but I
went out of my way to ask cavers politely to ignore me and just hit the
delete button.  I have no nefarious or malicious agenda, just bored out of
my mind way out here beyond the Edge of the Caving Universe.

D.L.