As Carl and I have discussed at length, Mayfield Cave (Sonora) was still quite
wild and had been only recently explored when friend Jimmy Walker and
I along with Bob Hudson and Bob’s brother-in-law spent two days going quite
deep into it after crossing the ledge. This was between December and February
of 1956. Jimmy felt we had explored further than the groups before us as there
was no disturbed earth or visible evidence of anyone having walked or climbed
there. It was the most beautifully decorated cave I have ever seen and was my
greatest caving adventure. Jimmy took many pictures of this remarkable cave.
Rest In Peace friend Jimmy.
Fritz Holt
fritz...@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone