---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dave Jackson <jacksond...@cavesim.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: Let's bring CaveSim back for TCR this year
To: Bill Steele <cwilliamste...@gmail.com>
Cc: <

Thank you to the 6 donors (including Bill, Caroline, Patty, and three
anonymous donors) who contributed to help bring CaveSim to TCR.  They
donated on this GoFundMe page
<https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-cavesim-travel-to-texas?pc=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&rcid=r01-155529523382-2b9d54f30d6d4b14&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&fbclid=IwAR0D4jWtofgjaqzCTbiwIkduZqLPYuL-d_nOEVdxMaTQmC9ejTkGAgljA0A>
that
Galen put together.  And thank you to the Bexar Grotto, the DFW grotto, and
quite a few members of the UT Grotto for contributing as well.  Having
raised $470 on GoFundMe and $950 at grotto meetings, we're now 44% of the
way to bringing CaveSim to TCR.

There's a big reason to bring CaveSim to TCR that you haven't heard about
yet: we're planning several public educational events before/after TCR.
These events will be free to the public, and they'll only be possible if we
can raise the funds to bring CaveSim to TCR.  I also have requests from
several schools in the Austin area for CaveSim programs before TCR.  During
CaveSim events, I work really hard to teach kids and adults about
conservation of caves, and you can see what that looks like in the new
video that I posted on cavesim.com.  Are you willing to help make these
programs possible by bringing CaveSim to TCR?  Go to this GoFundMe page
<https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-cavesim-travel-to-texas?pc=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&rcid=r01-155529523382-2b9d54f30d6d4b14&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&fbclid=IwAR0D4jWtofgjaqzCTbiwIkduZqLPYuL-d_nOEVdxMaTQmC9ejTkGAgljA0A>
help out.  And if you're willing to help me contact other folks who might
want to support this project, please let me know.

Thanks to everyone who has helped out so far!  Let's bring CaveSim back to
TCR!
Cave softly,
Dave

--