Anatoly,

Actually you are the only / first to bring this up but as you have I will
respond.

1. Even though we knew that we would be roundly criticized / chastised. Our
goal was to kick-start the SVN project. There were a number of obstacles in
the way (corporations with vested interest). The article was taken
out-of-context as one might expect. The proof of the 'pudding is in the
eating' and we are very happy at the renewed pace of SVN development by the
community.

2. We have full time open source developers that are a distinct group within
our company. that means that they are paid by us to develop open source
(Subversion). Not doing pre-sales engagements, not developing software for
the sole benefit of WAndisco but doing it for the community at large.

3. We support apache with more that just words in addition to the huge
donation of paid developer time we are also a corporate sponsor of the ASF:
http://www.wandisco.com/news/press-releases/wandisco-sponsors-apache-software-foundation

4. Following that article a very senior (board member) at Apache and one of
the founders of the Subversion project has a working relationship with the
company.

5. the statement "but I am not sure if everyone would like to hear one day
that "*WANdisco wrote trac-hacks in your press releases."* is, politely
speaking, far fetched. Our goal is to reinvigorate a community around Trac
*NOT* destroy it. My interest in Trac hacs is simple - we are looking for
talented developers to come and get paid to develop Trac full time.

I hope that clears that up.

- David