Hello,

I'd like to have your opinion on the following situation.

I've noticed, that NukeUserPlugin has some overlapping functionality in
deleting users, or more precisely: session and session properties. Only
it goes further in purging associated contributions to the respective
Trac instance as well as a forced measure against spammers + content.

I queried the original author about some changes, but he replied:

On 18.09.2012 21:50, Paul Winkler wrote:
> Thanks. I haven't used trac in a while though, so i'm unlikely to do
> this. if you're interested in the plugin feel free to fork it, take
> ownership, whatever you like.

So I'm thinking about including parts of this plugin into AccountManager
now.

Anyone here interested in taking maintainer-ship?

I've even got permission for adjusting the license accordingly:

On 21.09.2012 19:18, Paul Winkler wrote:
> I actually picked the more recent 2-clause variant of BSD as it's a
> bit simpler.
>
> I'm fine with relicensing or dual licensing.

@Dirk Stöcker
Sorry for bothering you. I've decided to notify you directly, because
I'd like to have a short look at this code as well. Do you think this is
something to learn from and use as AccountManager enhancement?

There is a feature request or at least a hint about enhancing new user
registration by utilizing SpamFilterPlugin. I wonder, if this could be
made part of an related effort. Sure, I'll have to study SpamFilter on
my own, to make it happen without a contributed patch. There is non by
now. Some hints would be much appreciated, to enable me to do a better
estimation of required effort.

Sincerely,

Steffen Hoffmann

[1] http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/NukeUserPlugin