I've previously attempted to contact the authors of the BacklogPlugin (1) with
no success. Emails to the author and current maintainer bounce back. This is
the last option I could think of to try and reach them.

The plugin has been resurrected to make it compatible with Trac 0.12 and 1.0.
Well, it is still a work in progress, but it is getting there. The plugin is
licensed as BSD, but I'd like to get clarification on the exact license
(3-Claused BSD?) and add license terms to the source code (2). I'd also like to
discuss whether the authors intend to maintain it going forward, or whether I
should fully take-over from here.

(1)    http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/BacklogPlugin

(2)    http://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10325