!


























  








 When insults had class






















These glorious insults are from an era before the English language got boiled 
down to 4-letter words.

The exchange between Churchill & Lady Astor:
She said, "If you were my husband I'd give you poison."
He said, "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or 
of some unspeakable disease."
"That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your policies or your 
mistress."
 
"He had delusions of adequacy." - Walter Kerr

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."  - Winston 
Churchill
 
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great 
pleasure." Clarence Darrow
 
"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the 
dictionary." - William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway).

"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time  reading it." 
- Moses Hadas
 
"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of 
it." - Mark Twain

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." -  Oscar Wilde

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a 
friend.... if you have one." - George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill
"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second... if there is one." - 
Winston Churchill, in response.
 
"I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here." - Stephen 
Bishop

"He is a self-made man and worships his creator." - John Bright
 
"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing  trivial." - 
Irvin S. Cobb

"He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in  others." - Samuel 
Johnson

"He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up." - Paul Keating

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." - Charles, 
Count Talleyrand
 
"He loves nature in spite of what it did to him." - Forrest Tucker
 
"Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on  it?" - 
Mark Twain

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." -  Mae West  

"Some  cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." - Oscar 
Wilde

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . for support rather 
than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)
 
"He has Van Gogh's ear for music." - Billy Wilder

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -  Groucho Marx
 




Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click 
here. 






__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic 
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Calendar 

MARKETPLACE

Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for 
the world and for each other 
 
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) 
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to 
Traditional 
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe 
. 



__,_._,___


See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! 
Buzz.



>From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!            
>                          
_________________________________________________________________
New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pc-scout/default.aspx?CBID=wl&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_pcscout:102009

Reply via email to