A Short Story : The Golden Egg


This Short Story The Golden Egg is quite interesting to all the people.
Enjoy reading this story.





Haria, a poor barber lived alone in his small hut. He was dedicated to his
work. And whatever he earns was enough to fulfill his needs.



One evening, after returning from work, Haria was hungry. “What shall I
cook tonight?” he thought. Just then he heard a hen clucking outside his
hut. “That hen would make a great feast for me,” thought Haria and prepared
to catch the hen.



With a little effort he was able to catch the hen. As he was about to kill
the hen, it squeaked, “Please do not kill me, O kind man! I will help you.”
Haria stopped. Though he was surprised that the hen spoke, he asked, “How
can you helpme?”



“If you spare my life, I will lay a golden egg everyday for you,” said the
hen. Haria’s eyes got widened in delight. Haria was surprised to hear this
promise. “A golden egg! That too everyday! But why should I believe you?
You might be lying,” said Haria. “If I do not lay a golden egg tomorrow,
you can kill me,” said the hen. After this promise, Haria spared the hen
and waited for the next day.



The next morning, Haria found a golden egg lying outside his hut and the
hen sitting beside it. “It is true! You really can lay a golden egg!”
exclaimed Haria with great delight. He did not reveal this incident to any
one, fearing that others would catch the hen.



>From that day onwards, the hen would lay a golden egg everyday. In return,
Haria took good care of the hen. Very soon, Haria became rich.



But he became greedy. He thought, “If I cut open the hen’s stomach, I can
get out all the golden eggs at once. I do not have to wait for the hen to
lay the golden eggs one by one.”



That night, he brought the hen to the interior portion of his house and
killed the hen. But to his dismay, he found no golden eggs. Not even one.



“What have I done? My greed had made me kill the hen,” he wailed. But it
was too late.


நல்லதுசெய் நல்லதே நடக்கும்
जन सेवा ईश्वर  सेवा
cnu.pne

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to