Another forward to prove our goal is to accept, work for the community after
the hectic schedule of the role of the grihastha and face health issues mental
and physical as the stage of vanaprstham and move on .it is not easy to die but
we can choose how to lead our lives. Nachiketas story is interesting and is a
guide for our twilight years. Regards jayshree venkatraman

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From:
Kauai's Hindu Monastery <kauai_hindu_monast...@jhindu.org> Date: 16/10/2016
17:00  (GMT+05:30) To: srika4451 <srika4...@yahoo.com> Subject: Vedic Verses
for 10/16/16

img { max-width:100% !important;height:auto !important;}

O Nachiketa, after pondering well the pleasures that are or seem to be
delightful, you have renounced them all. You have not taken the road abounding
in wealth, where many men sink.

 Yajur Veda, Katha Upanishad, Part One, Chapter II, 3

 Wide ...

Vedic Verses

A daily collection of verses from the Vedas, Hinduism's revealed scripture

Vedic Verses for 10/16/16

O Nachiketa, after pondering well the pleasures that are or seem to be
delightful, you have renounced them all. You have not taken the road abounding
in wealth, where many men sink.

Yajur Veda, Katha Upanishad, Part One, Chapter II, 3

Wide apart and leading to different ends are these two: ignorance and what is
known as Knowledge. I regard you, O Nachiketa, to be one who desires Knowledge;
for even many pleasures could not tempt you away.

Yajur Veda, Katha Upanishad, Part One, Chapter II, 4

Fools dwelling in darkness, but thinking themselves wise and erudite, go round
and round, by various tortuous paths, like the blind led by the blind.

Yajur Veda, Katha Upanishad, Part One, Chapter II, 5

The Hereafter never reveals itself to a person devoid of discrimination,
heedless and perplexed by the delusion of wealth. This world alone exists, he
thinks, and there is no other. Again and again he comes under my sway.

Yajur Veda, Katha Upanishad, Part One, Chapter II, 6

All creatures, born from you, move round upon you. You carry all that has two
legs, three, or four. To you, O Earth, belong the five human races, those
mortals upon whom the rising sun sheds the immortal splendor of his rays.

Atharva Veda XII, 1, 15

      • Email to a friend •

Click for details on Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami's next mission.

These daily verses are drawn from the Rig, Yajur, Sama and Atharva Vedas,
Hinduism's revealed scriptures, which are 6,000 to 8,000 years old. Many of the
verses are from the book The Vedic Experience, by Raimundo Panikkar, available
at our Minimela online store.

Learn about Himalayan Academy study programs

Connect with us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Donate to support our online publications

Reuse and Copyright Information

More information on Kauai's Hindu Monastery, the source of this e-mail

Today at Kauai Aadheenam, the monastery's daily blog

Click here to safely unsubscribe from "Vedic Verse RSS Feed."

Click here to view mailing archives, here to change your preferences, or here
to subscribe
  • Privacy

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123,
Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.