VELLAZA AVAL (WHITE RICE PUF) 

Yesterday morning after morningwalk my wife turned up with the news, a nearby 
Aavin booth distributer an iyer,has informed the cards for packet milk are now 
given IN SELECTED AREAS. 

There was some difficulty formilk in the last three months and we were managing 
with different milks fromshops. AAvin milk came in a tanker lorry and collected 
in vessels in booth andmeasured and given to persons in their vessels. 

Her hurry showed that the next minute if I did  not go, we may not get milk 
card. Seeingmy lethargic nature, she said she would go well. Only conditions - 
I should gether the required documents Xerox copy and arrange auto. 

Seeing my sitting reading thelast para of Mat-Pai and enjoying my DHUM DHUM 
DHUM she commented- I should put something on your headDHUM- Then you will cry- 
dhum dhum. 

Because of you alone kids aregetting spoiled. I had told my eldest grandson 
from daughter- about Hiroshimaand bombing with sound Dhum and then Nagasakki 
with dhum dhum earlier.  Some how he felt one is sufficient and smilesat me and 
say when he is in enjoyable mood- HIROSIVAM dhum dhum. 

Initially I felt shima was notcoming to him. Later my daughter told me- he do 
not like his class mate Sivamand hence Hirosivam dhumdhum. 

I reminded my wife to look atcalendar. I showed her the day is Sunday. It is an 
administrative office- Not Holiday?? 

She came to sense and said- Keep ready the documents today itselfand tomorrow 
morning get ready to go to dairy office by 10 AM. 

I said I would hear theGurupeyarchi effect and day effect being told in Z TV by 
Sri HARIKESANALLURVENKITARAMAN. One of the best astrologers. 

He told gurupeyarchi phalan can be effective about 25% and real effect wouldbe 
as per their chart. I asked my wife to listen that 25%. Aftergetting a 
Gurupeyarchiphalan book, she was reading for 25th or 30th timeaccepting 100% it 
would occur and spreading the information for different rasies(her friends)!!. 

Today’s effect Mr Venkita Ramansaid- monetary income, for my rasi Capricorn, 
moon is in 2nd house.After hearing I started for morning walk. On the way I 
checked any income hascome using plastic.  Very correctprediction. Pending 
morethan 3 months, a small medical claim  hadbeen paid. 

But Moon in 2nd houseowner of 7th house Cancer, A watery house. So expenditure 
too on account ofwatery item at the instance of wife. Probably Mr. Venkitaraman 
tootactful. He did not mention the expenditure side. 

I was getting ready. 

Sir, I looked at Gate. The municipal tax collector had come. For housetax. 
After collecting it he put another question- Sir, now I am for watertax also. 
Can you pay?? Really I got stunned. A never expected one. I paid water tax- 
admiring SriVenktaraman and cancer owner moon- Jalarasi… 

I took an auto and instructed himto take me to correct AAvin office and take me 
back. Local autos- They aredisciplined and I used to pay whatever they quote. 
In my wife’s language LAVISH OUTSIDE AND MISERY WITHIN HOUSE (Specially toher). 

After searching with co driversthere he reached the office. I went inside. One 
lady was entering statisticswith another in a computer. She asked me to take a 
seat. 

After some time the 2ndperson came to me. I put my requirement. He verified the 
documents and gave afarm to fill in.  Now he entered type of milk andbooth and 
told me- Sir, Manager has gone out. He will come in 10 minutes.He is the person 
to issue card. 

After a pause he said- PLEASE WAIT OUTSIDE BENCH. I maygo wrong in dictation by 
your distraction if you sit inside. 

Really I felt he is 100 percentcorrect. An impatient person looking here and 
there waiting could surelydistract. I coolly came out. After fifteen minutes a 
person appearing as small officer entered. 

The man in need not look atconveniences. I peeped in. The first person said- He 
is waiting for card andturning to me said- He is manager, you can get the card 
(From their Tamil talk I feltthe first one was AsstManager just below him) 

I straight away went to him. Hechecked documents. While checking I desired 
telling  him- I am xxx RETIRED from Kerala Telecom asxxxxx to avoid any 
objections. He smiled, asked to sit in a better chair, gotregister, took 
details and signature and issued card. 

Now he added- You have to purchase ghee or butter being first time. 

I recollected my wife waspursuing for butter with booth and not getting for 
WEEKS. Now it comes to me asa compulsion. A lucky day. He took from cold 
storage a butter pack, and gave meand collected money. Waterwas dripping 
slightly. 

>From cold storage, the butter waswet. They have no cover. How to carry?? I had 
>only my small hand bag.. 

I came in the auto to a Pattani shop near. Knowing me he asked – Pepsisir? 

I said my requirement is a coverand asked him to give ground nut for 5 rupees. 
After issuing white puff to somebody he opened a bag to take ground nut to fry. 
Seeing the time lag I asked himfrankly- I want a cover to carry butter, it will 
take a longtime to fry ground nut.  Give me rice pufffor Rs 20-00.  

Happa, he packed white puff putin a cover which would take my butter also. 

Seeing my arriving with the covermy wife first asked- Youare getting NONKU 
again. It is sweet. You have no control. 

 I said it is your much wanted item. She lookedat white puff first - Whowill 
purchase white puff? Brown puff only would be good.  Now she looked at butter. 
She exclaimed- Sucha scarce item how did you have? 

I put “MY CARD”- I told my EX- DESIGNATION and requested whether I can get 
butter anywhere?.For me he supplied from cold storage a butter pack as a 
SPECIAL CASE. See the date- It has just come. (DharmaPutra – where are you??) 

Then I explained- To carry it Ipurchased the bag. And for getting the bag the 
white puff was purchased. 

Because you said your exdesignation we got the card and scarce aavin butter. 
You have timely thinking. If I go I wouldwaver and would have spoiled the issue 
sometimes -Ice for going in the hot sun or real fact?? 

 Mounam Vidwanu Bhooshanam. I withdrewto my room and started enjoying my dhum 
dhum dhum.  Still I am at laugh- I was asked to takea butter pack also and she 
thinks I got it with difficulty!!! 

Writer- R. Gopala Krishnan, 77, retired AGM Telecom, 
Trivandrum…Originallyposted in Feb 2004.  Reposted on1-3-2021after editing and 
updating 



-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/1586110590.484402.1614611021998%40mail.yahoo.com.

Reply via email to