CULTURAL QA03-2021-29

Being  a compilation there may  be errors 

Q1         What are mango showers?

A1          Mango showers is thename of the pre-monsoon showers in Karnataka, 
Kerala, Konkan and Goa that helpin the ripening of mangoes. They are also known 
as April rains or summershowers. The reason of the Mango Showers is 
thunderstorms over the Bay ofBengal. These summer rains normally come in the 
second half of the month ofApril, though the arrival is difficult to predict. 
The showers prevent themangoes from dropping prematurely from trees and are 
crucial for the mangocultivators of South India.

 

Q2         What is your salary? Areyou happy with it?

A2          Abhishek Tomar 29-3-2021FormerJunior Clerk at State Bank of India 
(SBI)

Background,

I born in a village in Narnaul(UP). Studied in Convent school and my dadhad a 
small shop (stationary) near to home. My mom is a house wife. I havepassed my 
10th & 12th in first class (my family were expecting 90%+ marks).I wanted to 
try for Engineering exams, but my family were not having money forsending me 
for coaching. So, I have joined for BSc with Regular course. Daytime I go to 
college and evenings I worked for a super market as a sales boy.So, I paid my 
hostel and exam fees through my earnings. I don’t want to giveany burden to my 
family. I have completed it with 82% marks. 

As soon as I finished my graduation, I learned 6 months ComputerNetworking 
course and started applying for jobs. After couple of try, I got Jobin an 
company located in Bangalore. I offered salary of 7000 per month (in2016). My 
collage mates were living in Delhi. I used to work very hard. I usedto spend 
12-14 hours every day at office and I used to have 10 rupeesbreakfast, skip my 
lunch and snakes and I have dinner from home. Friends and Iprepare it.

Out of 7K salary. I send 3K to my home and 1K for chits and I keepbalance 3000 
for my bus pass, food etc. I hardly had any dress to wear. Myfriends used to 
buy dress for me, whenever they buy dress for them.

After 1.5 years of work, I got increment of 450 rupees per month. I wasreally 
pissed off seeing my revised paper , my commitments and expenses wereincreased 
in 2 years of time. I putdown my papers and started searching forjob. I have 
attended many interviews in BPO’s but every time I got rejected due to my 
poorcommunication and technical skills. So, I started working on typingskills. 
Finally, I got offer letter in my 21th Interview which I attending in44 days’ 
notice period.

I started working on BPO. My Take home was 15000 including incentives. Isend 8K 
to my home and 3K for chit and 4K with me for monthly expenses. Iworked with 
that company for 1 year and when I left job, my take home was 18K.

After all this, My friends are getting job in central government fields 

As per plannings. I'm going to marry.😌😌😌😌

Girl is Asst. Professor in Uttar Pradesh.                                       
     

Edit 1 : I am doing job in SBI now

Q3         What's cloning, and ishumanity in danger because of it?

2 Answers Jennifer Sittinger, TSgt at United States Air Force 
Reserve(2014-present) Answered March 24-2021

Cloning is the creation of a“child" using a single parent's DNA, instead of 
half of two parents' DNA. As far as human cloning goes, it's a non-starter.No 
one is interested in making time-delayed identical twins. Is humanity indanger 
from cloning? Well, not that way…

You see, cloning an animal, including a human, requires an egg cell, asurrogate 
mother, and time and skill on the part of the doctor performing 
thefertilization. No onewould bother.

Cloning a plant is very easy. It's an established way of making 
high-yieldcrops. One parent, and literally hundreds of orchards of seedless 
banana 

2ND ANSWER- LyapunovaElizaveta Answered March 24-2021

Lets us say we made a clone of you. What you would get is a baby whichwould be 
like an identical twin to you, only born thru cloning at a differenttime. While 
genetically the same, there would be lots of differences just asthere are 
between to identical twins. You would not, for example, have the same mind 
ormemories.

There is no danger to humanity from this.

Q4         What is the problem withIndian teachers?

A4                  Let me share a story here.

A teenager boy stays in a house nearby ours. I treat him like my ownbrother. He 
is very shy and introvert by nature. He doesn’t share his thoughtseven with his 
friends. The only time he gets into a conversation with someonein a day is with 
his teachers in his school and coachings.

He used to stay in his uncle’s house.

It was just before his class 10th boards examination. One day his unclepassed 
away. That man was like a father to this boy. TSo, he got broken anddepressed 
as hell.

Even though he was a brilliant student and always stands first in schooltests 
in terms of marks, that incident shock him badly. He didn’t have anymotivation 
to study and eventually he scored miserably low in his school test.

His teachers knew all these things that were going around him.

So, they, being completely aware of his situation, started scold him forhis bad 
performance in class test and all of them used to say, ‘This guy isgoing to 
fail in the boards’.

Even his coaching teachers also gave up on him.

He was suffering from severe depression. There was no shoulder beside him to 
cry on. He eventhought of attempting suicide several times in this period of 
his life.

It’s been 2 years since this incident. He is fine now and doing great inhis 
higher secondary education.

Now, why am I telling this?

Most of the Indian teachers aredemotivators. They are supposed to polish the 
society with knowledge andwisdom.

But, the only thing they do is, they work like corporate robots. They get out 
of home,come to school, take classes and return back to home. They 
barelytalk/debate/discuss with students regarding anything. Let alone anything 
to apersonal level, they can’t even tolerate if a student disagree with them 
and make some validpoint. They just scold that student or divert the topic to 
elsewhere.

This is a serious problem. I have been teaching students for more thanfive 
years.

I have never seen teachers (I am talking about school teachers) on Quoraor 
Medium sharing their opinions or learning new perspectives or learningsomething 
new to polish the student mind inside them.

-What is the problem with Indian teachers?

-They lack at ‘Studenthood’. They lack at ‘Teacherhood’ too. 

My note- This is an answer froma person from North. Conditions can be different 
with other states

 

Q5         Are you used to walkingbarefoot?

A5          Bhuvana Rameshwar UpdatedMarch 18-2021 Former Teacher

As children we did walkbarefoot, we played too .

After that we went to a coolplace to live. Since then the habit of wearing 
hawaii slippers at home hasbecome a habit. So we allwear these at home, 
promptly change to outside wear when stepping out of thehouse even to the 
garden or terrace .

I continued this habit in college - hostels and after marriage also. But my mil 
wouldn't allow me to wear slippers in the kitchen.Actually I needed it most 
there as it used to be dirty, wet and often darkbelow the work table. I was 
scared I would step on roaches or lizards.

Wearing slippers at home, something soft and slip proof is a good habit.But it 
becomes difficult and uneasy when we stay without slippers for longhours in 
others’ houses especially if their floor is dirty. So I would then bewaiting to 
rush home to clean my feet with a good detergent and a scrubber.Ordinary bath 
soaps aren't enough.

Another discomfort arises when we visit temples. Temples have ‘slippercare 
room’ with shelves where we leave our footwear before entering the temple. If 
the floor is clean and cool it is fine. But if it is like the Thirumala Balaji 
temple where wehave to run on the hot floors or the rough coir mats upto the 
ticket checkingentrance and queues, if 11am to 2pm slot..then we have had it.

Similarly some temples in TN are so big that we have to walk quite adistance 
from one compound to another on hot ground or granite to reach themain temple. 
Those times my delicate, pampered feet cry their hearts out! 

Q6         How's life after gettinga government job in India? How does life and 
its aspects get changed?

A6          Rahul SinghChandravanshi Updated 21-3-2021 Postal Assistant at 
India Post (2018–present)

I was in graduation 2nd year while I applied for SSC CHSL 2016.

My background:- I come from a small town and lower middle class family.My mom 
is a para teacher in a village and my father is something on contractbasis from 
agriculture department. From childhood, I stayed with my maternalgrandfather. 
He is retired government teacher. I had completed my 10th from a CBSE school 
and rest fromBihar Board. My writing language was English in Bihar Board. 
Afterpassing 12th, I got a new phone Nokia XL and got addicted of phone, till 
now Iam addicted. I started offering home tution to children for which I 
wascharging 3k to 3.5k per child. After 3 hours per day, I was able to earn 9k 
per month. Mymaternal grandfather and my maternal uncles were not happy with me 
as most ofthe time I was staying outside and not doing any work of home. Till 
10th, I wasgiving body massage for atleast 5 hours to my maternal grandfather 
and now hewas not getting it from me. Yes nothing comes for free. I was like a 
childlabour who was doing all stuffs of home. During my childhood, I was 
stealingRoti to eat as Rotis were fix to eat. In my village, I was eating 4 
times andhere they have fixed it to 3. No one wanted to play with me as anyone 
can callme from my home to do any kind of work or just for massage. If I go 
somewhereto watch TV, I was got beaten naked by my maternal uncle with the 
stick. I hadto share my bed with uncle, and during night time if I got touched 
with him, hewas punishing me by stabbing his nails in my body. No toys, no 
play, no tv andnot enough food and every time torture. My life was like, no one 
loves me. Myparents were also the same.

Procedure:— Before applying Ididn't have much idea about government exams. It 
was my first government exam.On date 16 February 2018 nearly at 8o'clock, the 
final result came, you can't imagine the feeling when I saw myname in the list. 
Although I was sure that I would get selected as my markswere pretty good, but 
the moment I can't explain. I ran towards my maternalgrandfather and took 
blessings from him by informing this. Soon the callreached to my village. First 
my parents didn't pick the call. Later they pickedand I told them. There was 
not any great response from them as they all knewthat my score was good enough. 
Or maybe they were not able to express.

Afterwards:— I am placed in Tamilnadu as PA SBCO in head post office and my 
take home salary is around 33k. I can do anything with my money but Idecided to 
help my sister to get married. At present my account has 5k only.Due to 
childhood my present is destroyed. I can't eat much and I am thin guy.My weight 
is just 42 kg with height of 5 feet 6 inch. My body cannot digestmuch as I am 
addicted to eat less. Even though I had suffered a lot, I alwaystry to help my 
parents and my parental grandfather with money. I am out of trauma but life 
isnot much happy. I miss my friends and local foods. I have one love in mylife, 
and she looks too much pretty. I hope things will be all fine one day.

Edit 1:— I know sentence are not organised in the way they should be. Butthese 
were my emotions and emotions can't be expressed as book. If anyone needany 
help regarding prepration of ssc, he can ask me. 

 

Q7         What is the single mostimportant thing you have learned in your life?

A7          Gurmeet Bishnoi November17-2021Studied at Master of Science Degrees

One person opened an incense sticks (agarbatti) shop. There were manytypes of 
incense sticks. He put a sign board outside the shop -"fragrant incense sticks 
arefound here"

His shop started earning well. One day a customer came to his shop andsaid,

Customer : There is a contradiction in the board that you have put! Ifincense 
sticks are not fragrant, will they be deodorant?

Justifying his point, theseller wiped the word off the board! Now the board was 
like -"Here we get incense sticks!"

A few days after this another gentleman said to him 

Customer : Why is "here" written on your board? Writing here ismeaningless when 
the shop is here!

By accepting this, the seller deleted the word here on the board! Now theboard 
was -“Incense sticks are found! 

Again that person got an interesting consultation

Someone : what is the purpose of getting incense sticks? It is enough towrite 
incense sticks! If you have a shop, you get it.

So the board was left with only one word -"Incense sticks”

See the irony! A teacher came as a customer and shred his knowledge -

Teacher : when theshop is only of incense sticks then what is the benefit of 
putting up itsboard? People will understand by seeing that only incense shops 
arethere!

Thus the board itself moved away from there! Now therewas no board outside shop.

Shop sales started slowing down and the seller was worried!

One day his old friend came to him. They were meeting after many years!Friend 
could not hide his concern and he asked for the reason, then the declineof 
business was found!

Friend looked at everything carefully and said,

Friend : you are absolutely stupid! Opened such a big shop and could notput a 
board outside - fragrant incense sticks are found here! !!

Que. What is most important thing you have learned in life?

Ans : You will get suggestions on every step in life, who are not expertsin 
that subject, but you will find that all science, philosophy, sociology etc.are 
embedded in them! Ifyou listen to such people or comply, then the board of your 
life will alsodisappear. Your position will also be like that of the 
seller!Listen to everyone withdo it with your mind only

 

Q8         Whose incarnation wasSubhadra?

A8          Debashis Pattanaik March19-2021Student

Jay Śrīman Nārāyana!Thereis an interesting anecdote regarding the previous 
birth of Mā Subhadrā, whichis found in Śrīmad Skanda Purāna.

Sage Galava had a daughter named Mādhvī. She was cursed by Mā Lakshmi to have a 
horse head in nextbirth since she wanted to marry Śrī Vishnu.

 The Lord cured the curse by saying she’ll be born as his younger sisterin one 
of his incarnations, and he shall perform penance to get her rid ofhorse face. 

And thus, MāSubhadrā, having horse face was born to Śrīmān Vasudeva and his 
third wife, DeviSuprabhā (not Devi Rohini, which makes it an incident of 
another Kalpa).

He (Vasudeva) had another wife named Rohiṇī. Of her was born the valorous son 
named Balabhadraotherwise known as Plough-wielder. A third wife, the beloved of 
Vasudeva wasknown as Suprabhā. Mādhavī was born of her assuming the form of a 
horse-facedone. One seeing thedaughter born with such a hideous form, Suprabhā 
and Vasudeva becamegrief-stricken.

Bhagavan Shri Krishna then takes her to Hatakeshvara and performed apenance. At 
the end of a year, Lord Brahma gets appeased and gives boon to Maa Subhadra to 
have themost charming and beautiful face and that she would have a valorous 
son(Abhimanyu).

Lord Viṣṇu, on coming to know that his sister was like thatand the parents were 
highly distressed, took her with him. Accompanied byBaladeva he quickly went to 
the holy spot of Hāṭakeśvara for performing a great penance.

Properly engaged in Yajña, hepropitiated Brahmā through different: kinds of 
Vrata and Dāna and propitiationsof Brāhmaṇas.

At the end of a year, Brahmā was pleased with the Śārṅga-armed One. He said “I 
shall grant boons. Requestfor the desired thing.”

Viṣṇu said: O Lord, this sister of mine is born as ahorse-faced one. Let her be 
one of excellent countenance. This is my desire.

Śrī Brahmā said: With myfavour this good lady shall be one with excellent 
countenance. She will becomewell-known by the name Subhadrā. A beloved of her 
husband, she will givebirth to a heroic son.

Reference: Skanda Purana, Nagara Khanda, Section I (Tirtha Mahatmya),Chapter 84

 

Vaishnava Acharya Vishnupada Madhvacharya, in one his greatest works,Shri 
Mahabharata Tatparya Nirnaya, points out that (in one of the Kalpas) Maa 
Subhadra was the rebirth ofTrijata, Vibhishan’s daughter, who had served 
Bhagavati Maa Sita in the gardenof Asoka while she was held captive in Lanka. 
By the virtue of herservice, she took birth as sister of Shri Krishna and 
Balarama Ji.

Shri Mahabharata Tatparya Nirnaya (20.37) states—

jAtA devakyAM sA subhadreti nAmnA bhadrA rUpeNA. anakadundubhestAm. h |

kR^itvA putrIM rohiNI svAmaraxat.h pUrvaM tu yA.a. asIt. h trijaTaivanAmnA ||

[Translation] The one who was trijaTa in previous birth was born asdaughter of 
vasudEva and dEvaki in auspicious and beautiful form as (Mā)subhadrA.

Maa Subhadra isoften said to be Bhagavati Maa Durga (or Maa Yogmaya), although 
we do not find any substantial supportfrom scriptures. Even Srimad Acharya do 
not completely rule out this. He saysthat Trijata, who was reborn as Maa 
Subhadra, had the presence of Maa Parvatiin her, which enhanced her beauty and 
virtue.

In the subsequent verse (MTN 20.38), he writes—

sItAyAH prAN^.h nityashushrUshhaNAt.h sA babhUva vishhNorbhaginI priyAcha | 
umAveshAd.h rUpaguNopapannA padmexaNA champakadAmagaurI ||

[Translation] Since she had served (Mā) sIta in her previous birth, shewas now 
born as shrI kRushNa’s beloved sister. Since she had the presence of(Mā) 
pArvati in her she was filled with beauty and virtue. She had the eyes oflotus 
flower and complexion of the garland of saMpige flower.

Reference: Shri Mahabharata Tatparya Nirnaya, Volume III (Chapters18-21), 
translated by Dr. Vyasanakere Prabhanjanacharya

All the above QA are based onQuora on 30-03 - 2021. Quora answers need not be 
100% correct answers 

Compiled and posted by R. Gopala krishnan on 30-3-2021

 

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/1038838523.1432943.1617097267503%40mail.yahoo.com.

Reply via email to