PHOTO PART 2 

Continuing from part 1

7. Interesting incident of training photograph.

Aftercompleting  training as Engineeringsupervisor I had the photograph taken 
with all teaching staff in 1967.It was black and white photograph, with 
staffnames, trainees names, at bottom in the mount, Training centre name, ESP 
Batchnumber and period on top of the mount. I had my copy framed and kept. 
Somehowwhite marks started appearing, and one over my face.   

When I joined aslecturer there in 1991, I found photographs framed and kept in 
Library. I askedto search for my year, and there were two framed photographs 
intact of mybatch. With permission of Direction I got one. Really it was a 
happy moment tome. I keep intact that photograph now in a box. 

8. Hand cameras on stand.

With thedevelopment of photography, later period group photos were taken with 
specialhand cameras, but fitted on a stand.  

9 Hand held cameras

Hand held Camerasbecame a sales item and people started purchasing them. 
However on those days onlyblack and white film rolls available. Film roll was 
costly. Keeping a smallcamera in hand was a statusposition.

10. Keeping photos in homes.

Framed photographswere hung in hall at one time. Later it changed to keep in 
show case. 

11. Colour films

With the appearanceof colour films by 1980’s people had fancy for colour 
photographs. Earlier colourphotos were name sake colour photographs; gradually 
it became natural, byfurther research and developments in the field. I had the 
colour photographsand album of my son’s upanayanam, getting a good colour 
photographer from Hosurto Krishnagiri, where I was working in 1986. 

12. Photo albums.

Albums with goodnumber of folios started appear in studios. Photos taken in 
hand camera in thefilm were given to studios, developed and prints obtained and 
they wereinserted in the folios. Instead of framed photographs albums with 
goodappearance of cover took place in showcases.

With the appearanceof colour film, photography became hobby with many. 
Affordability became more. Still for qualityphotos, for functions, photographer 
was called and they appeared in time.Though the host used to tell the quantity 
of photograph, it exceeded at leastthree times, and expecting it, they used to 
bring more film roles.

13. Enlargement

Photo enlargementwas a new invention. From a small photograph they could make 
bigger ones. Manywanted the elder’s photos enlarged. Originally it was in Black 
and white, latercolour enlargement, and now with digital technology the suited 
colour also isgiven even if the original photo was in black and white. 

14. Digital technology

With digitalcamera, cost of films did not come to picture. Any number of photos 
taken, bestone selected and others DELETED.Now most have digital camera. Old 
cameras are still kept by many, but film ispractically not available in shops. 

15. Interesting film incident.

While I was workingat Krishnagiri- Hosur, I was a guest in opening of TVS 
Suzuki bikes. One Japaneseman taking photos told something which I could never 
make out and gave me twocolour film rolls. I thought after function he may come 
to collect. But I couldnot see him at all. To cut short after about 3 months, I 
was having housewarming function of my home at Pandalam, my co-brother took 
photographs gettinga camera from his friend. It was the time colour films 
becoming more popular.

16. Send off and photos.

 Group photos mostly restricted in officesduring retirement along with parties 
for officers.  During transfers, send of meeting wasconducted, compliment given 
in rare occasions since transfers were very commonfor staff.

During functionphotos are taken of people on dais, however in training centres, 
old modelgroup photo continued, in colour film. Being warden of hostel, most 
batchesgave a copy to me, irrespective, whether I took classes for them or not. 

16a. Very large photograph.

During theretirement of one director while I was working in training centre, 
the numberof staff and trainees were more, photo print was given in a lengthy 
rectangularmount. It was taken using rolling camera, I think.  I have got a 
mounted photo covered with paperstill in almirah as a memory of the lengthy 
photograph. 

17. Storing in memory device

Now most digitalphotos are stored in memory device, scanning the old one. 
Though photographerprepares albums, after just seeing by relatives for their 
presence, it issimply kept in show case. From memory device it is shown in 
computer, now connectingmemory device shown in TV also.

18 Mobile phone with camera

On later developmentsin mobile phone field, mobile phones came with camera. 
Images could be stored,if necessary deleted, and transfer to other devices 
later. At one time it wasfancy to take photos of the important functions in 
mobile phone. Now fancy isnot there, still people keep mobile with camera,

With thedevelopment of smart and iPhones, camera has been 99% replaced with the 
phones.The clarity and perfection became more with costly cameras. Feature of 
selfieis widely used now. 

18. Important photos keeping astreasure, most keep important photos in hard 
copy even now. Old photographs arekept with utmost care, sometimes reprinting. 

19 Lamination

It is a new methodof keeping photographs safe without patches. Earlier 
Lamination was costly, nowframing is costly.

Most keep marriagephotos of children laminated in showcase, for easy seeing by 
guests.

Most governmentemployees keep the photo given for pension and family pension on 
retirement asmemory enlarged and laminated. (Photo taken with wife). It is a 
fact 99% might be with vigouron retirement and it could reflect on face. 

20. Locker and photograph

About ten yearsback I hired a locker from SBH on opening of their branch 
itself. Giving a gooddeposit I could get locker. I gave a photo taken at that 
time. 

Recently I went tothe bank to open the locker. The staff member was familiar to 
me since she wasworking in SBT. On merger of all associated banks with SBI, she 
was transferredto this branch. She opened the register and page of my locker. 
She said with asmile- I am not able to recognise you with this photograph. 
After operation oflocker, I went to nearby studio, took a photograph, and gave 
her a copy topaste. 

Now most check withphotograph in computer if it is scanned and provided. If not 
they refer toregister photo. Without our knowledge many changes occur to us as 
age increase.

Even with many transfers,still most staff in PSB’s can recognize regular 
customers. 

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/103028603.304666.1640935984247%40mail.yahoo.com.

Reply via email to