PARIPPUPOTI AND IDDALI MULAKAI POTI

DHALL POWDER AND CHILLI DHAL POWDER 

I was seeingalmost empty tins of Parippu poti and iddali mulaki poti about a 
week itself. Thegood supermarket with iyeritems is about a KM away. About four 
days back I had been to a banknear to it, and thought of purchasing all 
necessary items from the supermarket.

I wastravelling by a familiar auto. Nowadays the auto driver follows me with 
basketin the supermarket, so that items selected can be put in it and he will 
carry.  I found papad, after scrutinizing the date ofpreparation, I selected 2 
packs. Somehow on that day only Trichy made bananachips were there. I selected 
2 packs which had the item not much broken. I hadmy gooseberry dipped in honey 
and dried packs, black raisins, cashews etc. 

I went to theshelf where powder items are kept.  Ifound new packs of 777 brand 
Parippu poti with note- Purchase one pack, another pack free. Thoughit is 
generally hotter, still I thought of taking it. No other iyer brand wasthere 
other than MTR. Somehow MTR is last choice for me.

I checked theshelf of iddalimulakaipoti.  There were no pouches from iyers, 
only tinsfrom Trichy Krishna brand. I enquired the staff, they replied only 
those tins.Tins will take more time to empty. Intended for families with more 
members. 

Something is better than nothing.Before my check the auto-man took one tin from 
it. I had no spectacles. FurtherI did not check the small letters of the type. 

Next day foriddali, I asked my wife to open the tin of new iddali mulakaipoti. 
She openedit and put one teaspoon in my plate. I added the coconut oil, which 
was used tofry the papads early.  On the first dip of iddali itself I felt the 
strange smell ofgarlic. After eating iddali I told my wife after checking the 
tin-it had a note in small letters with garlic. I told my wife it is with 
garlic. First she said- Little garlic isgood.  I have seen her eating garlic 
pearls.

Next day shesaid after using iddali mulakaipoti- It is full of poondu (garlic). 
I cannot use it any more.

The tincosting about 200-00 looked at me with a smile. Whether to blame my not 
seeingproperly the tin or hurry of auto man who came to help? 

Today withiddali, I was using the same powder, and said, still it tastes good. 

She replied-If I would have purchased it, you would have blamed me for not 
attentive.  However I cannot use it any more. Next timeyou go to the 
supermarket, get me one pouch without garlic carefully seeing the contents 
written.You can continue with it since still it tastes for you.

I thought fora moment- Normally SriRambhavan 777 brand is hot. Whether they 
complimentedfree additional pouch because it is too hot or to boost sales. The 
pouch is not yetopened.  

Gopalakrishnan15-8-2022

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/1845548817.1173675.1660546686102%40mail.yahoo.com.

Reply via email to