Q from a member: *According to him only lower middle class and poor people would understand the real value of money. All those who contributed towards art and humanity have experienced starvation, he added.* KR syllogism
1. an instance of a form of *reasoning <https://www.google.com/search?num=10&newwindow=1&sca_esv=559711199&rlz=1C1GEWG_enUS1056US1057&sxsrf=AB5stBhPChNOmwwZAxMrVqwHa5uo4y0JWQ:1692883009237&q=reasoning&si=ACFMAn8hzZSJQsgXIYlkGc-z1vmpAlZxLnEQJEaDmDBgL8JAEXED244NInc0gxs8e1S187jmVcc202MWt8tVTczEhgfHQo4gbA%3D%3D&expnd=1>* in which a conclusion is drawn from two given or assumed *propositions <https://www.google.com/search?num=10&newwindow=1&sca_esv=559711199&rlz=1C1GEWG_enUS1056US1057&sxsrf=AB5stBhPChNOmwwZAxMrVqwHa5uo4y0JWQ:1692883009237&q=propositions&si=ACFMAn9IMdf-m8dGI-RtPy6zxE7l--HHwyCXrF8SuLsNkIvld_oHlvrOwBG5xaluI2BIeSfGSNNAqTZ50q8hxRVqdf6bSdnt3G4fZLl7QsSQMVjyYHf4Hhc%3D&expnd=1>* (premises); a common or middle term is present in the two premises but not in the conclusion, which may be invalid (e.g. *all dogs are animals; all animals have four legs; therefore all dogs have four legs* ). o *deductive <https://www.google.com/search?num=10&newwindow=1&sca_esv=559711199&rlz=1C1GEWG_enUS1056US1057&sxsrf=AB5stBhPChNOmwwZAxMrVqwHa5uo4y0JWQ:1692883009237&q=deductive&si=ACFMAn8hzZSJQsgXIYlkGc-z1vmpgbH7nio6JED0RfBfxaZL-f0W5vwZWNGZz_k8F5s39zFmCQeumivNzibUUOpimQEEWMF2qQ%3D%3D&expnd=1>* reasoning as distinct from induction."this school of epistemology is highly advanced in syllogism and logical reasoning" The incident narrated is good to read as an exclusive anecdote for time pass. But it is illogical. The complexity of human beings are described by our shastras as well as Sigmund Freud. Morning I wrote about stomach burning. That is a middle class attitude, in another anecdote I read. So I thought I could release it. But will it be induction logic? A superiority complex is an exaggerated sense of self-worth. It hides real feelings of mediocrity. An inferiority complex is an overstated feeling of weakness. It often hides true motives, such as aspirations for power. The American Psychological Association (APA) defines an inferiority complex as “a basic feeling of inadequacy and insecurity, deriving from actual or imagined physical or psychological deficiency.” (1 <https://dictionary.apa.org/inferiority-complex>) The term dates back to 1907, when it was coined by the influential psychoanalyst Alfred Adler <https://www.adler.edu/about/> to explain why so many people seem to lack the motivation to act in their own best interest and go after their goals in life. Contemporary psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals avoid the term now though, notes Maddux, often characterizing it instead as low self-esteem. Thus logically that artists are poorer ;lower and middle class only know the value of money; Higher class do not know values etc are illogic. In one of the Upanishads (i.e. Katha) this question is asked by Nachiketâ, a youth: "Some say of a dead man, he is gone; others, he is still living. You are Yama, Death. You know the truth; do answer me." Yama replies, "Even the Devas, many of them, know not — much less men. Boy, do not ask of me this answer." But Nachiketa persists. Yama again replies, "The enjoyments of the gods, even these I offer you. Do not insist upon your query." But Nachiketa was firm as a rock. Then the god of death said, "My boy, you have declined, for the third time, wealth, power, long life, fame, family. You are brave enough to ask the highest truth. I will teach you. There are two ways, one of truth; one of enjoyment. You have chosen the former." Now note here the conditions of imparting the truth. First, the purity — a boy, a pure, unclouded soul, asking the secret of the universe. Second, that he must take the truth for truth's sake alone. Until the truth has come through one who has had realisation, from one who has perceived it himself, it cannot become fruitful. Books cannot give it, argument cannot establish it. Truth comes unto him who knows the secret of it. After you have received it, be quiet. Be not ruffled by vain arguments. Come to your own realization. You alone can do it. Neither happiness nor misery, vice nor virtue, knowledge nor non-knowledge is it. You must realise it. How can I describe it to you? He who cries out with his whole heart, "O Lord, I want but Thee" — to him the Lord reveals Himself. Be pure, be calm; the mind when ruffled cannot reflect the Lord. Truth is different; Gossips are different. Self satisfying insinuations are not basic ideals. K R IRS 24 8 23 On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 at 17:48, ARR <[email protected]> wrote: > 🙏🙏🙏 > > On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 at 16:06, 'venkat giri' via iyer123 < > [email protected]> wrote: > >> *படித்ததில் ரசித்தது* >> *We visit Tirupati Tirumala once or twice every year with family members >> or with family friends. Few years ago, we were waiting in the Katpadi >> railway station for connection train to Tirupati.* >> * It was morning time so our family members were >> distributing breakfast packets for all of us. As I was opening my packet, I >> heard a beggar saying: "Ayyaa, pasikkathayya... Dharmam kodungo..."(I am >> hungry, alms please).* >> *I am not a generous man. I don't entertain beggars. I have information >> from trusted sources about beggar mafia. It is one of the biggest industry >> that can be traced to biggies and VVIPs...* >> * But seeing this physically-challenged man, I >> felt by intuition that I should help him...I offered him Rs 10. He refused >> to accept it. It made me bit angry.* >> *He said he doesn't want money; he wanted something to eat. That was very >> strange! Till then I believed that all beggars would take only money from >> you. And they spend it on drugs and arrack (strong and cheap alcoholic >> drink), after sharing their earnings with the local police and mafia don >> (who controls them).* >> *Looking at his face, I felt that his need is genuine. I gave my >> breakfast packet to him: "Ungale kadavul kappathuvare..."(god bless you) he >> walked away with the packet.* >> *I was curious, so I followed him. Few yards away, I saw a group of kids >> sharing the breakfast packet that was not at all sufficient for them. The >> beggar didn't eat anything, though he looked very hungry. He was just >> smiling at them...* >> *I felt somewhat. "Ungalodu pasangala?" (Your kids?) I asked him in >> broken Tamil.* >> *"No sir...I don't know them...They reached here yesterday night from >> somewhere...the policemen didn't allow them to beg here. This is a >> different territory. I saw them very tired and hungry..." the beggar said.* >> * I couldn't believe my ears. I gave him Rs 500 and >> asked him to get full-fledged meals for all of them. He said no. His logic >> is simple - people will assume that he has stolen the Rs 500 currency note. >> The police would snatch it from him. And the shops/restaurants in the >> station won't allow him to come near the shop. Hence he is not able to buy >> food.* >> *I took him to nearby catering outlet and got him 10 packets of >> breakfast. It cost me just Rs 200 then. He said thanks and flattered my >> generosity. I told him that I am neither generous nor rich. I belong to >> middle class family and wish to stay at that level throughout in my life.* >> *"I have learned a new lesson from you. So I am paying my fee, that’s >> all."* >> *His reply was that:"Sir, let me tell you a secret. I don't beg in front >> of rich, clergy and upper class." He said they do not know about starving. >> According to him only lower middle class and poor people would understand >> the real value of money. All those who contributed towards art and humanity >> have experienced starvation, he added.* >> *I left him. He is telling the truth - wisdom comes only from personal >> experience, not from reading a book or seeing in a movie or channel. >> Knowledge will just remain as information in the brain that won't transform >> us. That's why Shiv purana says "Jnanam Bandhanam" (Knowledge is bondage). >> Whenever I see people roll out ugly display of wealth or wasting money for >> living a luxurious life and show off, I remember this beggar.* >> *COURTESY:[email protected] >> <courtesy%[email protected]>* >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "iyer123" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to [email protected]. >> To view this discussion on the web visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/440282248.2253688.1692873381638%40mail.yahoo.com >> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/440282248.2253688.1692873381638%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> >> . >> > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "iyer123" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/CABnwRDe7UYc_qy8QLRDkVF5mPcV4OQNHny3%3Ds_vrR5RTejHgaw%40mail.gmail.com > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/CABnwRDe7UYc_qy8QLRDkVF5mPcV4OQNHny3%3Ds_vrR5RTejHgaw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Thatha_Patty" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CAL5XZoob5ONtzG5AVpHVRk6KBrDCwcuxSPQkgsb6h4tn1aGOmg%40mail.gmail.com.
