From: 'gopala krishnan' via iyer123 <iyer...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 at 09:10
Subject: [iyer123] CULTURAL QA 03-2024-03A
To: Patty Thatha <thatha_patty@googlegroups.com>, Kerala Iyer <
keralaiy...@googlegroups.com>, Iyer <iyer...@googlegroups.com>

CULTURAL QA 03-2024-03A

All the below   QA are from Quora DIGEST to me  on   03-03-2024.

Selected quora answers generally interesting including jokes are included
Still they   need not be 100% correct answers. I am only a compiler.

Compiled and posted by R. Gopala Krishnan, 80,    on 03-03-2024.

Q1      What are examples of presence of mind during interview?

A1      Siddharth Shrivastava, Studied Chemical Engineering at MITS6y

Interviews started at 9 a.m. in the morning and I registered late so I
could get some time for preparation. Hence, I was among the last candidates
to appear. We were made to be seated and it's already 3 p.m.

Suddenly, I saw an HR manager moving out of the cabin with a bunch of
applications in hand. I cursed myself for registering so late. I was
shocked they already selected and I may face formalities thereafter.

I got a call and I stood up and entered the cabin:

Interviewer: Have you had your lunch?

Me: Yes, Sir.

Interviewer: Alright, I haven't had mine and I'm exhausted. I've been
taking interviews from morning now. You just think of a question, speak the
question and then it's answer and we're done.

 (At this point, I was sure that they had selected the candidates they need
and my chances are gone.)

Me: “Why am I here today?” - I am here because I find myself suitable for
this job and I am appearing in this interview for the same. And I added a
brief introduction of mine.

Interviewer (unimpressed): Okay, I am giving you 10 seconds, think of a
word, just one word that comes to your mind. It could be anything.

Me (Takes a 10 seconds pause): “SELECTED”

Interviewer: Okay, you may leave now.

Result: **Selected**

Q2      What are some of the greatest examples of presence of mind?

A2      Ganesh Jadhav,6mo

Here’s an example of presence of mind shown in the courtroom which has
humor and sarcasm at its best.

Background: Mr. PK Atre was a prominent Indian writer. In one of his
articles, he used the word ‘donkey’ to address a corrupt local
politician(councilor). In India, calling someone donkey denotes calling
them stupid.

This enraged him and he filed a lawsuit against Mr Atre. This is how it
went in the courtroom.

Judge: Do you admit that you called him a donkey?

Mr Atre: Yes.

Judge: As you have admitted your mistake and being this your first offence,
you are relieved from any punishment.

Mr Atre: Thank you My lord. It is admissible that you shouldn’t address a
councilor as a donkey, but is it okay to address a donkey as a councilor?

Judge: Yeah it’s fine. You can call anything to a donkey. He won’t
understand.

Mr Atre:(While addressing the same politician) Hello Mr. Councillor.

The whole courtroom filled with laughter over the embarrassment of the
corrupt politician.

Q3      What are some of the greatest examples of presence of mind?

A3      Anuraj Chaudhuri ,A proud Indian.Updated 7y

I am not sure about the authenticity of this story. Just give it a try. It
will be a good laugh, I assure you.

Albert Einstein, the famous scientist, once received a letter requesting
him to deliver a speech on quantum physics at a country college in Austria.
Einstein agreed to go there to deliver the speech, a speech he had been
delivering almost everywhere those days.

Einstein had recently moved to Austria and was mostly an unknown face. So
people over there at the college did not know how he looked like and the
newspaper images back then were of so poor quality that you would have to
have a very keen eye to find similarities between a person and his picture
in a newspaper.

However, Einstein started for that country college in his car.His driver
suddenly said,”Sir, are you going to deliver that speech on quantum physics
that you have been delivering everywhere these last few months?”

 “Yes.”

 “Sir, I have been listening to it keenly all these days, and I have
memorized each and every word of it.”

 “You have?”

 “Yes sir. Sir, I have a request for you. I have never got a chance to
perform in front of a large audience. Will you let me deliver this speech
on your behalf?”

“You mean, you will impersonate me and deliver the speech?”

 “Yes sir.”

 “How is that possible?”

 “Sir, no one there knows how you look. I can take your place easily.”

Einstein found this idea to be very amusing. He gave his consent.

So, they came to the college. The driver had already taken Einstein’s place,
and Einstein his. Einstein found his gait as a famous scientist to be
really convincing.

People at the college welcomed the driver and took him to the auditorium.
Einstein too took a seat.

He was really amazed to see his driver deliver one of his popular speeches
with confidence and clarity. The audience was spellbound to hear that great
speech explaining quantum physics. They burst into applause.

The driver looked happy and satisfied. But then one among the audience
stood and asked a question requesting explanation of one of the points made
during the speech.

The driver thought for a second or two.

Then he said, ”You did not understand that? Even my driver can explain that
to you. Wait, let me call him on stage.”

Edit: This story has been told and retold a thousand times, so there is no
way to mention a particular source of this story. I have written it from
memory and have depended on my imagination to make the story vivid. However,
this story had been in existence in Jewish folklores even before Einstein
was born. In that story a famous Jewish preacher switched place with his
envious servant.

Q4      Did Hitler escape Germany and live in Argentina until his death?

A4      Prince Newro, 21h

No.

Right before his death, the Soviets were around 500 meters away from the
Führerbunker.

Even by then, Germany was surrounded by America, Britain, France, and the
Soviet Union.

Escape was nearly impossible.

Just listen to this satisfied customer:

 “I tried escaping Germany wearing a Wehrmacht uniform. I was caught by the
Soviets. They handed me over to the British. Mission failed…”

The 1st and 2nd Red Army Groups surrounded Berlin from the south and east.
The 3rd surrounded from the north.

The west was by the western allies where the Nazis preferred to surrender
to.

Everyone knew how Hitler looked like:

And in case Hitler tried escaping, the allies made photos of how he may
have possibly disguised himself to avoid capture, and escape.

But Hitler famously admitted that he’ll stay in Germany till the very end
and end his own life to avoid capture.

 “But dummy, that’s what the Nazis want you to think!”

Exactly, so here it is:

Hitler swallowed a cyanide pill, then shot himself in the head with his
personal pistol.

A senior SS officer entered the study after Hitler and his wife committed
suicide and said the air smelled of bitter almonds, which was a dead
giveaway of cyanide poisoning. Unless… you know… maybe Hitler had bitter
almonds in his study… I doubt it…

ANYWAY…

Hitler’s and his wife’s corpses were taken out to the Chancellory Garden

With all the petrol the Germans had, they cremated the corpses.

The allies found the ashes mixed with the soil and artillery shrapnel. They
found a piece of his jaw.

Hitler’s dentist, who was captured by the allies, proved the dental work to
be from Hitler. X-Rays were even shown from 1944 that further proved it.

When the Soviets entered the Führerbunker, they found a blood stained sofa.

The blood proved to belong to Hitler.

But what will the conspirators think?Hitler cut his finger and applied
blood to prove his death?

No…Besides, Hitler was believed to had suffered from Parkinson’s Disease,
coronary arterial Disease, was on many drugs, and was very mentally
unstable. He would’ve died in the 1950’s, had he escaped.He didn’t escape
though…

Q5      What is the interesting story of the labourer worked in Gurudwara?

A5      Chauhan Babu Nath,5h

A laborer came to New Delhi. Leaving his wife in a rented house, he went
out in search of work. At one place a service was going on in a Gurudwara.
Saw some boys working and asked them-

"Can I work here?"

The boys said 'yes'.

laborer-"Where is your boss?"

The boys thought of mischief and said-“The boss has gone out. You just get
to work.

We will let you know that you are engaged from today."

The laborer became happy and started working.

Arrives on time every morning and leaves in the evening. Worked diligently
and diligently. The week passed like this.

The laborer again asked the boys-"When will the master come?"

The boys again said 'Hafta'.

Another week passed. The labourer said to the boys-"Brother, there is
nothing to eat at home today.

The remaining wife said that food will be cooked only if you bring some
money.

Introduce me  to the owner."

The boys postponed the matter till the next day.

But as soon as the labourer left, he started realizing his mistake and
finally decided that he would tell the labourer everything the truth. This
is the service of Gurudwara. There is no owner here.We are serving our Guru
Maharaj Ji.

When the laborer came the next day, the faces of all the boys were sad.

They  said-“Uncle, please forgive us.We were kidding you all along."

And told the whole thing. The laborer laughed and said-

“Now you are joking. Our boss is really very nice. He came to our house
yesterday afternoon. He gave his wife one month's salary and 15 days'
ration.

Which owner pays wages and ration to the laborers at home?

Our owners are really very nice.”

And then he started working hard on his work.

The boys understood that the one who serves his Guru selflessly, the Guru
always remains with him and keeps removing his sorrows and troubles.

I pay my respects at the feet of all the Gurus

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/551720177.2133587.1709478610532%40mail.yahoo.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/551720177.2133587.1709478610532%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.