CULTURAL QA 03-2024-23A

Q3      What problems do people with high iqs have commonly?

KR          It is news to me that 2 masters and a PhD of another are HIGH
IQ? is EQ over sir?

Q4      What are some things that happen only in India?

KR       I told you Quora is Gossip?  KR IRS  23324

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 at 08:40, 'gopala krishnan' via iyer123 <
[email protected]> wrote:

> *CULTURAL QA 03-2024-23A*
>
> All the below   QA are from QUORA DIGEST to me on   23-03-2024.
>
> Selected Quora answers by scholars generally interesting are included. Still
> they need not be 100% correct answers..
>
>  Compiled and posted by R Gopalakrishnan, 80, on 23-3-2024
>
> *Q1      What are some of the greatest examples of presence of mind?*
>
> A1      Tuhin Sen, Former Co-founder & COO at The Optimist Citizen
> (2014–2022)7y
>
> The narrative is a bit long, but I assure you that you'll come out of it
> smiling. So please bear with me.
>
> The incident took place in 2016, during my 4th semester. The literary
> society of my college had organized a debate on the topic “Is English the
> only language to succeed in this era of globalization”.
>
>  The event was organized at a fairly large scale with around 25
> participants and an audience of 200. The catch came in when the mandate
> from the principal required that atleast one student from every Department
> must participate. The Department of Economics being a new and a small one ,
> didn't have any representative. Sadly, I was asked to volunteer (I would
> say coerced) to give my name, literally, minutes before the competition. I
> was to present arguments in support for the given question.
>
> Now, most would assume that presenting arguments in support for English as
> a universal language is Easy. But, in a liberal arts setup, everyone has a
> liberal perspective for everything. 7 participants before me spoke
> against the topic and emphasized how talent, regardless of your preffered
> language, is required to succeed. I was the First one to speak for the
> topic. I had conjured up a few points, but my mind was still clueless. But,
> when I went on the podium, 200 eyes peering deep into my conscience, ready
> to be judgemental, a thought dawned on me. Every candidate who spoke
> against the topic before me, had spoken in English.
>
> Being a Bengali myself, I don't know what metaphysical boost I received
> and when the timer rang, I started speaking in Bengali.
>
> I greeted the judges, the audience and the participant, gave my (mundane)
> arguments in Bengali. Everyone just stared at me, clueless.
>
> When the bell for the last 30 seconds rang, I calmly changed my demeanour
> and spoke in English, that if I couldn't even pitch a logical point to
> the debate in my native language and most probably, can't even win the
> competition with Bengali, how can any of you expect me to succeed in the
> globalised world without English.
>
> The crowd went berserk (Not really though). They gave me a standing
> ovation, just for the sheer audacity of the point I made.
>
> Although, I got the 2nd prize (for not presenting many relevant
> arguments), I knew my professors and the audience loved me for the
> presence of mind I portrayed there.
>
> *Q2      What are some of the greatest examples of presence of mind?*
>
> A2      Sanjay Rathour,Studied at University of Delhi (Graduated
> 2017)Updated 5y
>
> In this picture you can see Mr. Shivraj Singh Chouhan giving a reward of
> ₹ 50,000 to the constable Mr. Abhishek Patel for his bravery and presence
> of mind.
>
>  Actually the whole incident was that, one day Head Constable Abhishek
> Patel was on police control van duty when he got an anonymous call about a
> bomb being found in the backyard of a school in Chitora. He immediately
> rushed to the spot. Not knowing how to disarm it, he just picked up the
> bomb and ran with it as fast as he could. He disposed it at a deserted
> place far away from the village.
>
> He just took a 10 kg- bomb on his shoulder and sprinted for nearly 1
> kilometre in a bid to save the students of a school in Chitora village.
> Thanks to his presence of mind and fearless attitude he saved around 400
> children. Therefore he deserves respect. Actually nowadays, many police
> officers are venal and take bribe. However, due to constables like Mr.
> Abhishek Patel many people still have faith in our police force.
>
> Edit : According to many reports the bomb was later defused by army
> personnel of Mahar Regiment Centre at Sagar.
>
> *Q3      What problems do people with high iqs have commonly?*
>
> A3      Cee Butler, Therapist, School Counselor, Mom, Survivor! Updated
> Feb 19
>
> I have not had my 9 year old tested yet. However he started righting
> computer code (JavaScript to be exact) at 4. He started doing calculus at
> 7. He started speaking Spanish very early along with English. When he was 8
> he started teaching himself Chinese.
>
> This Christmas he got a small engine to assemble as a gift. He had the
> engine running in less than 12 hours. When he started reading he was so
> tiny I did not believe he was reading. I thought I was loosing my mind.
> My friend, who was a teacher came over to confirm he was reading. He was 2!
>
> I literally looked around my home waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out.
> Am I being punked because this isn’t funny.
>
> Many of the issues a previous writer stated is accurate of my son. He is
> often bored, has difficulty fitting in with same aged peers, he overthinks
> things and can struggle to just unwind and have fun like a child.
>
> He is confused by other children who do not want to study supermassive
> black holes, micro organisms, physics and advanced mathematics. Honey, they
> just want to play, they dont know what you are talking about. He looks at
> me so innocent and confused.
>
> These issues may sound trivial but it isn’t. He wants friends so badly. He
> really wants to fit in.
>
> I have been asked by several academics to get him tested for MENSA. I
> haven’t. I am afraid what that IQ number will mean. He can be very focused
> and determined. His goals cause him to have great anxiety.
>
> When he is learning something or trying to solve a new calculus problem,
> he won’t eat, he is just focused. The largest problem we have is
> expecting people to see past the color of his skin and speech impediment.
> We just want people to give him a chance. As his parent, it is difficult to
> find things that interest him and keep him challenged. He sits in school
> bored to pieces. As his mom, I want him to grow to his full potential.
> But, honestly, I have no idea what his full potential is.
>
> Point of Reference: Me and my husband both have above average IQ’s. I
> have 2 masters degrees, my husband a Ph.D. We are both a point or two from
> superior. With the confidence interval we can be superior on any given day. 
> Neither
> one of us is gifted in Math. Both my husband and I have siblings that
> have genius IQ’s. Neither of them spend enough time with my son to impact
> him. We have no explanation of his abilities other than it’s a gift.
> Peace, CBT
>
> *Q4      What are some things that happen only in India?*
>
> A4      Vijaya Lakshmi, Retired Finance manager at Coal India Limited (A
> Maharatna Company)5y
>
> Ram’s family decides to have a flying visit to Syam’s house while
> returning from the market.
>
> Ram: “Hi, we just want to say new year greetings. We have come to the
> market. Since your house is on the way we decided to just say “Happy new
> year” and fly off immediately”.
>
> Shyam: “Happy new year. You have come to our house after so many days.
> Please do have some coffee and go. You must be tired after so much shopping”
>
> Ram: “OK, only coffee! After that you should leave us”.
>
> Chit chat goes on between Ram and Shyam; Sita and Gita; Ram and Gita;
> Shyam and Sita…. all permutations and combinations for forty minutes while
> having coffee.
>
> Ram: “It is already late we have to move now. Come on kids wear your
> shoes we are going”
>
> Kids: “ Pappa pleeeeaase, let us play for some more time”
>
> Geeta: “See, kids are enjoying please sit for some more time”.
>
> Chit chat goes on for another half an hour.
>
> Ram after getting up: “now we will move…Come on kids wear your shoes..”
>
> Sita after getting up: “Arey Gita I forgot to ask you.. I heard that
> Ramesh had divorced his wife is it true?”
>
> Gita: “Yes I heard the same thing but Suresh says it is all a rumor…”
>
> The discussion about the divorce goes on for another twenty minutes while
> all of them are standing in front of their chairs.
>
> Sita: “Ah, I forgot about the time with this useless discussion. I have so
> much work at home now we should leave”.
>
> Ram: “Come on kids wear your shoes…”
>
> All four walk up to the door. Just before stepping out of the door..
>
> Ram: “Shyam, do you know that there is going to be a pay revision within
> few months?”
>
> Shyam: “Few months? Impossible ! It will take at least one year”
>
> The discussion about pay revision is made for half an hour, half the
> people standing outside and half inside.
>
> Ram and Sita: “OK bye, now we will leave…Kids wear your shoes..”
>
> Shyam and Gita: “Bye we will not make you late any more..”
>
> Both the families walk up to main gate.
>
> At the main gate…
>
> Gita: “Damn! I forgot to ask you about the recipe of the curry you made
> last time when we visited your house. Shyam loved it”
>
> Sita: “Is it ?! It is simple….” It takes another twenty minutes after
> clarification of all the doubts regarding the recipe….
>
> This is what happens in India… Elapsed time between first goodbye and
> final goodbye being one to one and half hours!
>
> *Q5      What is the best math joke you have ever heard?*
>
> A5      Akshay Mittal,10y
>
> One professor of mathematics noticed that his kitchen sink at his home
> broke down. He called a plumber. The plumber came on the next day, sealed a
> few screws and everything was working as before.
>
> The professor was delighted. However, when the plumber gave him the bill
> a minute later, he was shocked.
>
> "This is one third of my monthly salary!" he yelled.
>
> Well, all the same he paid it and then the plumber said to him:
>
> "I understand your position as a professor. Why don't you come to our
> company and apply for a plumber position? You will earn three times as
> much as a professor. But remember, when you apply, tell them that you
> completed only seven elementary classes. They don't like educated people."
>
> So it happened. The professor got a plumber job and his life significantly
> improved. He just had to seal a screw or two occasionally, and his salary
> went up significantly.
>
> One day, the board of the plumbing company decided that every plumber has
> to go to evening classes to complete the eight grade. So, our professor
> had to go there too. It just happened that the first class was math. The
> evening teacher, to check students' knowledge, asked for a formula for the
> area of the circle. The person asked was the professor. He jumped to the
> board, and then he realized that he had forgotten the formula. He started
> to reason it, he filled the white board with integrals, differentials and
> other advanced formulas to conclude the result he forgot. As a result he
> got "minus pi r squared".
>
> He didn't like the minus, so he started all over again. He got the minus
> again. No matter how many times he tried, he always got a minus. He was
> frustrated. He looked a bit scared at the class and saw all the plumbers
> whisper:"Switch the limits of the integral!"
>
> *My note- I enjoyed this  joke very much.*
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "iyer123" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/1240697410.428778.1711201243223%40mail.yahoo.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/1240697410.428778.1711201243223%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CAL5XZoqgBJKB-9zFkr2kV%2BJPdoe22jinj7B0NEJzi0TcTbHAuQ%40mail.gmail.com.
  • CULTURAL QA 03-2024-23A 'gopala krishnan' via Thatha_Patty
    • Re: [iyer123] CULTURAL QA 03-2024-... Rajaram Krishnamurthy

Reply via email to