On this machine I have another process using theano with memory on the GPU.
Normally I can launch many processes and import theano but now I get this
error.

$ python
Python 2.7.12 |Anaconda 2.3.0 (64-bit)| (default, Jul  2 2016, 17:42:40)

Anaconda is brought to you by Continuum Analytics.

Please check out: http://continuum.io/thanks and https://anaconda.org

>>> import theano

ERROR (theano.sandbox.cuda): ERROR: Not using GPU. Initialisation of device
0 failed:
cublasCreate() returned this error 'the CUDA Runtime initialization failed'

ERROR (theano.sandbox.cuda): ERROR: Not using GPU. Initialisation of device
gpu failed:
Not able to select available GPU from 2 cards (out of memory).

ERR!\nTraceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

  File "/u/cohenjos/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/theano/__init__.py",
line 111, in <module>
    theano.sandbox.cuda.tests.test_driver.test_nvidia_driver1()

  File
"/u/cohenjos/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/theano/sandbox/cuda/tests/test_driver.py",

line 29, i
n test_nvidia_driver1

    A = cuda.shared_constructor(a)

  File
"/u/cohenjos/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/theano/sandbox/cuda/var.py",
line 218, in float32_sha
red_constructor

    enable_cuda=False)

  File
"/u/cohenjos/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/theano/sandbox/cuda/__init__.py",

line 554, in use
    cuda_ndarray.cuda_ndarray.select_a_gpu()

RuntimeError: ('Not able to select available GPU from 2 cards (out of
memory).', 'You asked to force this de
vice and it failed. No fallback to the cpu or other gpu device.')

~/.theanorc
[global]

device=gpu0

floatX=float32

Nvidia-smi shows there is plenty of memory:

| NVIDIA-SMI 367.44                 Driver Version: 367.44                    |

|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |

| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |

|===============================+======================+======================|

|   0  GeForce GTX TIT...  Off  | 0000:04:00.0      On |                  N/A |

| 82%   86C    P2   195W / 250W |   2358MiB /  6081MiB |    100%      Default |

|   1  GeForce GTX TIT...  Off  | 0000:05:00.0     Off |                  N/A |

| 40%   68C    P2   224W / 250W |   5851MiB /  6082MiB |     92%      Default |

| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |

|  GPU       PID  Type  Process name                               Usage      |

|    0      6566    G   /usr/bin/X                                      22MiB |

|    0     15578    C   python                                        2331MiB |

|    1     13043    C   python                                        5846MiB |