I want to build a deep network composed of a couple of CNNs and an RNN. The
CNNs are vggNet which can be easily implemented using Keras. However, the
RNN structure is different from a simple vanilla RNN, and in the first look
I found it difficult to hack into the Keras code to inherit my own custom
RNN layer from the simpleRNN class. On the other hand, I think implementing
this RNN using pure Theano is much easier and less complicated (based on
this code

I was wondering if there is any way to jointly train the whole network when
its layers are implemented using both Keras and pure Theano, and to learn
their parameters together.