Hey All;
Amy and I were discussing this song and we both agreed it would be perfect to use in a fic.
It's simple, some where in the fic either use the song completely or at least the title of the song.
One of your characters, say Xander, Asher, or Harry (these are just examples they can be your favorite character I can see Tony from NCIS saying this), decide they have had enough of people using or whining at them and use this.
I would prefere humor, but that is just me. Anyway here's the song.
"My Give A Damn's Busted" by Jo Dee Messina (Tony Martin/Tom Shapiro/Joe Diffie)
1st Verse
Well, you filled up my head with so many lies
You twisted my heart 'til somethin' snapped inside
I'd like to give it one more try
But my give a damn's busted
2nd Verse
You can crawl back home and say you were wrong
Stand out in the yard and cry all night long
Go ahead and water the lawn
My give a damn's busted
Chorus
(Well) I really wanna care
I wanna feel somethin'
Let me dig a little deeper
Spoken
Naw, (sorry, nothin') (still nothin') (man, sorry)
(Just nothin', nope)
(You've really done it this time, ha ha)
3rd Verse
You can say you've got issues
You can say you're a victim
It's all your parents' fault, I mean
Spoken:
After all, you didn't pick 'em
Maybe somebody else's got time to listen
My give a damn's busted
4th Verse
Well, your therapist says
It was all a mistake
A product of the Prozac
And your co-dependent ways
Spoken: So, who's your enabler these days?
My give a damn's busted
(Repeat Chorus)
5th Verse
It's a desperate situation
No tellin' what you'll do
If I don't forgive ya
You say your life is through
Spoken: Come on, give me somethin' I can use
My give a damn's busted
(Repeat Chorus)
My give a damn's busted
1st Verse
Well, you filled up my head with so many lies
You twisted my heart 'til somethin' snapped inside
I'd like to give it one more try
But my give a damn's busted
2nd Verse
You can crawl back home and say you were wrong
Stand out in the yard and cry all night long
Go ahead and water the lawn
My give a damn's busted
Chorus
(Well) I really wanna care
I wanna feel somethin'
Let me dig a little deeper
Spoken
Naw, (sorry, nothin') (still nothin') (man, sorry)
(Just nothin', nope)
(You've really done it this time, ha ha)
3rd Verse
You can say you've got issues
You can say you're a victim
It's all your parents' fault, I mean
Spoken:
After all, you didn't pick 'em
Maybe somebody else's got time to listen
My give a damn's busted
4th Verse
Well, your therapist says
It was all a mistake
A product of the Prozac
And your co-dependent ways
Spoken: So, who's your enabler these days?
My give a damn's busted
(Repeat Chorus)
5th Verse
It's a desperate situation
No tellin' what you'll do
If I don't forgive ya
You say your life is through
Spoken: Come on, give me somethin' I can use
My give a damn's busted
(Repeat Chorus)
My give a damn's busted
My Links and Lists and Favorite Authors can be found here:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/caliadragon/41021.html
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
this list is archived at:
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/
SPONSORED LINKS
| Tv show | Reality tv shows | Friends tv show |
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "ThereBeSlashHere" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
