Well, it is quite complicated, but it is possible. When point symbol is exported from centerline, system _text attribute is set in metapost. To dipsplay label, use code
code metapost def p_continuation(expr pos,theta,sc,al) = etc... shown in: http://therion.speleo.sk/samples.doc/60.html But you will need to redefine corresponding symbol (e.g. p_sink). In that code, you can also control, whether symbol and/or text should be displayed. Feel free to ask more, if this does not help you. Regards, S. On 7 February 2011 21:10, Bruce <dangle at tomo.co.nz> wrote: > Hi All > > Iâve been trying to understand symbol-show and symbol-hide a little better > as they relate to pdf outputs. How do I display the text associated with > fixed points? > > > > I have some map objects defined for various caves in a large system. These > are comprised of scrap drawings. > > > > I also have a map object with the minor surface features nearby, such as > sinks, dolines, isolated entrances and significant navigational features > such as fence posts or trees (for example). This is comprised of a survey > only (mostly fixed points, and no scrap drawings) however and uses flags > such as doline or sink, and most points have a text string associated ie. > > > > fix 15 2521640 6042938 581 10 10 30 > > station 15 "Concrete water trough" > > > > I would like to show the caves as outlines with all the rest of their > symbology turned off, and the surface features with each of the points > labelled with appropriate symbol and associated text. This is for an area > map, at scales of say 1:5000 or 1:10,000 > > I can turn the cave symbols off with symbol-hide statements, and so far I > think that is working out OK. > > > > However⦠> > > > -layout-symbol-show point flag:entrance \ > > -layout-symbol-show point flag:sink \ > > -layout-symbol-show point flag:spring \ > > -layout-symbol-show point flag:doline \ > > -layout-symbol-show point flag:dig \ > > The above layout statements cause the special entrance and sink etc symbols > to be displayed, AND show the text string associated with the point. These > are not displayed by default as far as I can tell, but these statements > rectify that. > > -layout-symbol-show group all > > And the group all statement has pretty much the same effect in a more > comprehensive and compact format. > > > > However none of the above enables me to display the text for my âConcrete > water troughâ example above. > > It is always just a cross with no text, or with â15â if debug > station-names > is on. It shows up in Loch, but not in pdfs. > > > > So, how do I display the text associated with fixed points? > > Is there a need for⦠> > -layout-symbol-show point fixed > > ⦠or something similar? > > > > Also, sometimes I would like to display the point symbols (for the likes of > the above flags) OR the text strings associated with the points, but not > both at once. Is there a way of doing this? > > > > Thanks > > Bruce > > > > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > Therion mailing list > Therion at speleo.sk > http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20110210/824c6c8a/attachment.html>
