On 27.11.2011, at 10:02, Bruce wrote: > Bruce, Andrew, et al, > I noticed your posts from February about this topic, which I also > happen to be struggling with at the moment. I'm trying to produce > two maps, one showing fixed survey stations and another showing > continuations.
Just repeat two things, many times mentioned before: 1. surveys and maps are ABSOLUTELY independent. The survey structure follows the way how data were achieved or as surveying/documentation of particular cave continued in time. Main goal of scrap and map structure is to create the way for therion how the objects could be corretly rendered in output. It means you may divide your surveys into as many scraps as is usefull or you may create interconnect (join) scrap where will be stations from 2, 3 or more surveys. 2. any text (I hope so) could have the language versions (from list of therion language localisations), so you may generate from one set of data map in English for you or map in Albanian for local cavers if you was on expe in Albania mountains. Symbol names, header terms, ... are translated automaticaly. Martin Sluka
