+++ Wookey [2011-06-20 16:31 +0100]: > +++ Stacho Mudrak [2011-06-20 17:07 +0200]: > > I have tried to implement all your fixes from debian repository. Is there > > any > > other way to help you with debian packaging? > > If you can tell me which Debian patches have been > incorporated for each new release it saves me having to work it out, > by which ones don't apply and then deciding if it's because it's been > included, or because things have changed.
OK. I had a look and I see you've just incorporated the gcc4.5 fixes. Excellent. That will avoid future issues for people. I think you should also look at upstreaming: 30doc-fixes.patch (manpage update) 35loch-manpage.patch 40samples-fixes.patch (build issue) 50svg-logo.patch (this could be extended to use logo in various places) 82-nolang-segfault-fix.patch There is not much debian-specific in there. For the rest we should discuss whether we can avoid me maintaining patches by upstream changes or not. e.g I'm not sure of the czech-font-by-default thing is still a real issue or not. One thing I did notice: therion.ini in 5.3.8 has unix lineends therion.ini in 5.3.7 has dos lineends was that a deliberate change? It broke the 80remove-czech-fonts-default.patch and more importantly it causes everyone upgrading to get a 'you changed therion.ini - do you want to use new or old' and if you ask for a diff it shows every line (which have technicaly changed, but only in lineend). It probably should be a unix file, so maybe it's time to have this slighly annoying transition. There is probably a way for me to manage it silently in the packaging, but having to find that out stops this being a trivial upload I could do today. Wookey -- Principal hats: Linaro, Emdebian, Wookware, Balloonboard, ARM http://wookware.org/
