+++ Bill Gee [2011-05-29 20:17 -0500]: > Hello everyone - > > I just did a clean (not an upgrade) install of Fedora 15, 64-bit. Trying to > compile Therion 5.3.6 and 5.3.7 produces an error in thbezier. There are > warnings, too, but I think they can be ignored. > > Version 5.3.6 compiles on 64-bit Fedora 14 as long as I turn off the loch > item > in the makefile. That may also be required for 5.3.7 ... I have never been > able to get loch to compile. > > Any ideas?
I haven't tried 5.3.7 yet. 5.3.6 is fine here. Try the debian patches: http://wookware.org/software/therion/therion_5.3.6-1.debian.tar.gz there are various things in there, but the most relevant ones are: Subject: Segfaults can occur without ensuring that lang is set to something Origin: Debian Forwarded: not-needed Author: Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> Last-Update: 2010-11-15 Index: therion-5.3.3/thlayout.cxx =================================================================== --- therion-5.3.3.orig/thlayout.cxx 2010-06-01 12:49:43.000000000 +0100 +++ therion-5.3.3/thlayout.cxx 2010-06-06 23:48:12.000000000 +0100 @@ -2028,7 +2028,7 @@ LAYOUT.preview_below_b = this->color_preview_below.B; LAYOUT.lang = this->lang; - LAYOUT.langstr = thlang_getid(this->lang); + LAYOUT.langstr = (this->lang == -1 ? "en" : thlang_getid(this->lang)); } This used to be reuiqred to make loch work on intel video cards - not sure if it still is: Index: ./loch/lxGLC.cxx =================================================================== --- ./loch/lxGLC.cxx.orig 2009-07-09 11:31:11.000000000 +0100 +++ ./loch/lxGLC.cxx 2010-05-28 23:24:03.000000000 +0100 @@ -328,8 +328,8 @@ this->OSCMakeCurrent(); } if (this->m_initTextures) { - glGenTextures(1, & this->m_idTexSurface); - glGenTextures(1, & this->m_idTexStation); + //glGenTextures(1, & this->m_idTexSurface); + //glGenTextures(1, & this->m_idTexStation); } glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, this->m_idTexSurface); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP); Subject: Makefile fixes for Debianisation Origin: Debian Forwarded: not-needed Author: Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> Last-Update: 2010-11-15 Description: Changes to makefile for correct Debian package build Remove configs and targets for non-Debian builds Add -Wno-write-strings to remove loads of "warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to âchar*â" complaints - should be fixed properly --- therion-5.3.5.orig/loch/Makefile 2010-09-23 15:49:19.000000000 +0100 +++ therion-5.3.5/loch/Makefile 2010-11-15 21:36:45.544097713 +0000 @@ -7,92 +7,20 @@ img.o # PLATFORM DEBIAN CXX = c++ CC = gcc POBJECTS = lxR2P.o VTKPATH = /usr/include/vtk-$(VTKVERSION) -VTKLIBPATH = /usr/lib/vtk-$(VTKVERSION) VTKLIBS = -lvtkHybrid -lvtkImaging -lvtkIO -lvtkGraphics -lvtkFiltering -lvtkCommon -lfreetype -CXXPFLAGS = -DLXLINUX $(shell wx-config --cxxflags) -Wno-deprecated $(shell freetype-config --cflags) -I$(VTKPATH) +CXXPFLAGS = -DLXLINUX $(shell wx-config --cxxflags) -Wno-write-strings -Wno-deprecated -fno-strict-aliasing $(shell freetype-config --cflags) -I$(VTKPATH) CCPFLAGS = -DLXLINUX $(shell wx-config --cflags) LXLIBDIR = linux -PLIBS = $(shell wx-config --libs --gl-libs) -L$(VTKLIBPATH) $(VTKLIBS) -lGLU -lpthread -lz +PLIBS = $(shell wx-config --libs --gl-libs) $(VTKLIBS) -lGLU -lpthread -lz LXPLATFORM = LINUX @@ -112,7 +40,7 @@ .c.o: $(CC) -c $(CCFLAGS) -o $@ $< -all: loch hlp +all: loch hlp: make -C ./help Wookey -- Principal hats: Linaro, Emdebian, Wookware, Balloonboard, ARM http://wookware.org/
