Again, the wiki contains useful information that somehow I failed to notice! I will add my knowledge to that page.
Footleg On 11 January 2013 05:00, Bruce <bruce at tomo.co.nz> wrote: > Footleg, Vasily, > Seems like you have something to add to this page > http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/contrib:externalviewers > > Feel free to edit it if you want. > Bruce > > -----Original Message----- > From: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:therion-bounces at speleo.sk] On > Behalf > Of Footleg > Sent: Thursday, 10 January 2013 5:29 a.m. > To: List for Therion users > Subject: Re: [Therion] preview below with many colors > > Just happens that I have been experimenting with different PDF readers > too. I was frustrated by the fact that Adobe Reader (at least on > Windows) locks the PDF file. So you have to close it to recompile a > map, and when you reopen the PDF it has reset to the default view and > you have to zoom back in the the area you were working on to check the > detail. > > I tried the following other readers: > Evince: > Does not lock the file, so I can recompile my Therion project with the > PDF open on my second monitor, already zoomed into the area I am > working on. The PDF refreshes automatically when Therion completes > generating it. Very nice. Unfortunately this PDF reader does not clip > area fills properly, so my fills extend outside the passage walls in > this viewer. But great for previewing scrap joins. > > Foxit Reader: > This one does lock the PDF file. But at least if you close the PDF, > recompile the project and then reopen the PDF from the 'recent files' > menu it restores the last view you had open. So it shows the detailed > area you were last zoomed in to. This reader does clip the fills > properly. > > Both Evince and Foxit Reader render transparency slightly differently > to Adboe reader. My rocks show semi-transparent so I can see area > fills underneath them. But in Adobe reader the rocks are solid. > > Anyone got any tips to add? > > Footleg > > > _______________________________________________ > Therion mailing list > Therion at speleo.sk > http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion
