I too was embarrassed to discover that Adobe Reader has those preference settings that I never knew about until now.
Just tested the updated Wiki instructions for closing and reopening in Foxit v 5.3 I think you mean Alt+<key> instead of Ctrl+<key> Bruce? At least that is what works for me. Footleg On 15 January 2013 07:04, Bruce <bruce at tomo.co.nz> wrote: > Thanks for the post below Martin. > > > > On ferreting around in my Windows based Adobe and Foxit applications, I find > that they also have "Restore last view settings when reopening documents", > which I am embarrassed not to have found before now. > > > > So old 'non-locking' Foxit Reader versions become (for me) the best > compromise. > > > > § No crashes when Therion compiles > > § Opens pdf to previous page and zoom setting with a four key 'no > brainer' sequence > > § Best overall rendering and opens all but files of 100's MB in > size. > > > > If Evince could sort out the slow file loading and area rendering errors, > then it would be the winner. > > > > I have updated > http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/contrib:externalviewers#for_pdf_files > > > > Bruce
