My comments written some years ago http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/do#plan_rotation discuss some other implications and frustrations of sketch scan orientations and map output rotations. These days I just choose an orientation for the map before the first survey of the cave system, and adopt that for all scans of survey sketches and outputs. Problems solved but flexibility lost. For surveys that do not conform, all is not lost, they are just trickier to process.
Martin I don't think scrap size/length has much relationship to the number of sketches in a th2 file. I always try to draw many short scraps (rather than few long ones) and 95% of the time keep to one survey per th2 file. But if for example I have paper surveys (ie not PocketTopo) and that teams survey for the day is say 1km long, then there may be many separate scanned sketches inserted into that file. If I have n scans, I probably need to have at least n scraps, but usually I will have many more than n scraps for reasons unrelated to the number of scans/sketches. Bruce -----Original Message----- From: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Martin Sluka Sent: Saturday, 26 December 2015 11:51 a.m. To: List for Therion users Subject: Re: [Therion] Best practice - orientation of original sketch? Wookey, and there is any reason to have more than one sketch in one file? Just make shorter scraps :) m. > 25. 12. 2015 v 22:23, Wookey <wookey at wookware.org>: > > Exactly, and there is no way of rotating the interface, so if you have > one sketch with the writing a different way up from the others, it's > difficult to read. It would be nice to be able to rotate the whole > drawing area whilst drawing scraps based on that sketch so that one > can read the notes/labels. Perhaps there is a way, but I couldn't > find one, last time I had this issue. _______________________________________________ Therion mailing list Therion at speleo.sk http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion
